Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Internet ~ Turkeys ~ Hawk ~ RAIN ~ Goodwill


 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 44 º heavily raining morning.
 
After 3pm now... Scratch that... 60º and the sun keeps peeking through...
 
 
 
 
 
Trouble with the internet this morning. Can't get any sites to open. May not get to this blog until way later.... I have a JCRW luncheon meeting today. My pal Nancy going with me. We'll see if I get this off before we leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, back home and internet seems to be working. Yeah! I took Nancy and PatT with me to the luncheon. We had a great lunch... Ruth, again was
in rare form. Laughter is good!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The turkeys were still 'hanging around' when I got home...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was wrong about the amount of rain this morning...
The "floater" in the measuring tube was stuck at the bottom and it looked like 1/4"... LOL, after I shook it before I left here it showed
1½" ! Big difference. More in tune with all the rain I heard!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a pretty day, on and off yesterday....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday Shiloh showed up here again. Poor baby, she's starved for love. Her "mother" showed up an hour and a half later..... and told me, "Lock her up in a shed and she won't want to come back." ! Sigh.... I sat on the porch with her a couple of times and all she wanted was to be scratched and loved. She tried to get as close to me as she could. Such a love!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also had a visit from the hawk....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He/she sits near the bird feeders. When there is
not one bird around I know the hawk is! This is a
The hawk wasn't afraid of me when I went out onto the porch to take a picture .... that's when he turned his head to look at me.
 
 
I worked on the stuff to take to Goodwill and got it all in my car.
 
 
 That included sheets and towels,purses and shoes too.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
$30 shoes, rarely worn...  
 
Black ones, 
 
 
 
 $60 and named "Black Sue" LOL, worn a couple of times....
 
 
 
Ha ha ha... and look at these (worn once!)  
 
 
 
 
The lady at Goodwill said, "Sure, we'll take them!" OMG, who would want brocade peach heels????
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And these never worn! 
Sperry Top Sider rain boots...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
None of my old shoes will fit anymore. I had heard that your nose and ears keep growing the rest of your life, but your feet???? 
 
 
Anyway, dumped all at Goodwill and then Maggie and I went to Patty and Cliff's......... She got an external hard drive and I put all her documents and pictures on it in case her computer takes a dump. I learned the hard way about saving stuff on the external drive. Fortunately for me, Turk is a computer genius and saved most of my docs and pictures! So, now Patty's is saved. Also adjusted their computer's screen resolution so site pages weren't so big and that made Cliff happy.
 
 
Historically this date...
1831 – The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis-Philippe to support his war in Algeria.
1876Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."
1933 – An earthquake in Long Beach, California kills 115 people and causes an estimated $40 million dollars in damage.
1945 – The U.S. Army Air Force firebombs Tokyo, and the resulting firestorm kills more than 100,000 people, mostly civilians.
1977Rings of Uranus: Astronomers discover rings around Uranus.
  Do you have rings around your anus? Hmmmm.....
 
And births this date include....
1888Barry Fitzgerald, Irish actor (d. 1961)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1928 – James Earl Ray, American assassin (d. 1998)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1940Chuck Norris, American actor, martial artist and actor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1940 – Dean Torrence, American singer (Jan and Dean)
 
 
 
 
1957Osama bin Laden, Islamist and leader of al-Qaeda
 
 
 
 
 
 
1958 – Sharon Stone, American actress
 
 
She looks like
she's been partying
with Charlie Sheen!
 
 
1983 – Carrie Underwood, American country singer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Thursday.
Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
March
National Noodle Month
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mmmm.... tuna noodle casserole!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Sue! You are outdoing yourslf lately with your blog. Such FUN! Now, let me tell you. My dream dress that I found and wore for JJ's wedding is peach and I DID have beautifuly dyed to match peach heels. Then for our WHS 40th reunion a certain drunk that we both know proceeded to splash his red wine on those shoes. SO, now I wear clear "Cinderella" heels with it. Now, those in your picture look pink. Maybe it's just the photo. I would have gladly taken them if they had been in my size. Yours are 2-1/2 sizes smaller than mine.:(
Those black ones are darling! Black Sue? How cute! Why couldn't you get more wear out of them?
Oh my your lunch looked wonderful! It's my hunch that it was a buffet since your salad is on the same plate with bread and everything. Our Southern Division RWF luncheons are buffet. Even tho the food is plentiful and delicious I hate standing in line to get to the food. OMG that dessert looked heavenly! Even I would hsve eaten that dessert! :)
Hey! John enjoys your blog too. He reminded me of when he and Rich were on your highway (freeway) they saw a sign that said something like "Highway Cleanup - Susan Maxwell". Now since I know you don't clean up the hoghway I am thinking you sponsored it?
Sue, my hubby is having a senior moment. What is your recipe formula for the hummer feeder? Is it 3 or 4 to one? It's not like he hasn't made this stuff practically every day for a few years! :(

Hugs and glad your day was a fun one!
XO Trisha

Lydia said...

Glad you were able to get on-line. No wake up without my morning read):-

We've reached up into the 80's the last 2 days- tomorrow's temp should drop 20 degrees.



Lydia

Oregon Sue said...

I quit dressing up when I retired! So the shoes sat. Yes, our luncheon's are buffet. Meeting held at a retirement community in their main building and the food is WONDERFUL! Sorry so late in getting your comments up! As for the highway sign, I was cleaning up trash on the I-5 for a while. Then back problems and I haven't been back. It's part of the "adopt a highway" program. xo