Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

~ Earrings ~ Patty & Cliff ~ Cheese Doodles???


 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 44º raining morning. Rain started last night and sounded like it rained all night. We've gotten 1/2" so far. I sort of knew this would happen...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday I worked on 'projects'. Earrings for St. Paddy's was one of them. I haven't gotten out my jewelry making stuff in a long time! It was fun. These aren't fancy, just super simple ...putting a charm on an ear hook...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Patty called in the afternoon and she and Cliff were going to be at the Eagles for a drink and would I join them. Yes! I stopped at the local florist and got Patty a corsage and Cliff a boutonniere.
Headed to Grants Pass...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Patty gave me one of their wedding pictures to copy ...
she laughed at the ones I posted yesterday but thought
I should have a "real" one of them...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
How darling they were!!! 1951!!!
 
I had a nice time visiting with them and another couple, Barbara and Walter. Then the 4 of them took off for dinner. I was coming by the car wash and since it was still open (5:30) I decided to stop and get the beast cleaned.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
THAT is why it has rained ever since!
 
I had made another chicken in the crockpot and Maggie and Harley had some of that for dinner. It's about the only thing Maggie will eat. Ok, I can do this, a chicken every few days for my girl.  I also cooked yams, as the vet said they are good for dogs and Maggie does like them!
 
Historically this date...
1836Samuel Colt makes the first production-model revolver, the .34-caliber.
1946Winston Churchill uses the phrase "Iron Curtain" in his speech at Westminster College, Missouri.
1966BOAC Flight 911 crashes on Mount Fuji, Japan, killing 124.
1975 – First meeting of the Homebrew Computer Club
 
And births this date include...
1908 – Sir Rex Harrison, English actor (d. 1990)
 
 
 
 
 
 
1927Jack Cassidy, American actor (d. 1976)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shaun Cassidy being his son with actress Shirley Jones
1939Samantha Eggar, English actress
 
 
 
1963Joel Osteen, American religious figure
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of all the evangelists on the tube I enjoy listening to
him the best. And look how he and Tim The Toolman
Taylor (Tim Allen) look alike!
 
All I know. Cleaning the house today and laundry. 
Whooppeeeee..... Happy Saturday. Nuff said...
 
 
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
March 5th
National Cheese Doodle Day
(?? who thinks these things up??)
 

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Good Morning! My dogs are hooked on Bil-Jack chicken and yam food. Jen O oven roasted turkey breast goes down well and comes out as it should):- I sometimes cook them fresh chicken- but the additives in some of the supermarket brands- if they have trouble digesting- I wonder what it is doing to us big folks.

Joel Osteen is my weekly pick me up.

Oregon Sue said...

I got Maggie some treats at Costco not long ago that were chicken and yam. She loved them then, but won't eat them now! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Anonymous said...

You posted the chicken recipe in the crockpot last week, today I have one in - already smells wonderful...you said to not use any liquid which I didn't, looking forward to that for dinner. More rain up your way, wow - clear blue sky here today but said a change is coming on Sunday - we will have to wait and see. Your friends were really cute 60 yrs ago - that is amazing....I admire people that work at a relationship even though sometimes it would be easier to just give up - we should hang in there as long as possible...good for them. Hope you are doing good, sounds like you are busy with friends, meetings and stuff as always...have a good day!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Glad Patty gave you the real wedding pic. How cute they were and oh so handsome Cliff! That hair!! What a nice and thoughtful gesture to buy them flowers.
When I was looking at the photos and came across Joel O my first thought was oh my he looks like Tim Allen then I read your post. Well it WAS Tim Allen next to him! My boys and I one night were on his TV show and sat in the "Tool Time" audience. Sat behind "Wilson" who was there that night hiding behind a man's baseball hat.:) You could never see his whole face on that show.
Now I am curious about this crockpot chicken. Didn't remember that there was no liquid in it. I did go back and read the recipe yesterday but have to do it again.
Glad there is something Maggs will eat.

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, P&C were darling kids! Still the sweetest people I know. I loved Tim Allen's show and miss it. He is so funny. Yes, the chicken just had a rub on it. You will like it. Easy, is my favorite thing. Too many ingredients turn me off. xoox

Anonymous said...

Now Sue! That last sentence cracked me up. Had me LOL. There is no one I know who puts more stuff in a recipe than you. That's one of the things that amazes me about you as a cook. You seem to load up a dish with so many wonderful things and I wish I knew how to do that.
XOX Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

T, I guess it started when my kids were small and also I am half Scottish decent and it goes against my grain to waste anything. So.... I'd mix up all the leftovers and add pasta or rice or noodles and a can of soup and voila.. dinner! So now my creations are whatever is in the fridge and cupboard. I don't think I make the same thing twice! LOL is right.