Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3-13 Finally ~ Shiloh .. again ~ Quinoa and V-8 Biscuits ~


Good morning. 42º  when I got up. Whaaa? Daylight Savings Time and we get a heat wave??? Silly. Now hard to get used to no light when I wake up. I changed all my clocks about 5pm yesterday. Yeah. I like the ones that change automatically.
 
Yesterday morning at 9:15 Shiloh was back down here! Grrrrr... Poor pup. I called her 'parents' and had to leave a message as no one picked up. Then about 10 minutes later I saw their car leave! They leave and don't even know where their dog is! Majorly pisses me off! So, I called back and said just that, "I saw your car leave and you didn't even know where Shiloh was!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Maggie and Shiloh both sat on the porch 'watching'.  I let her in. Since Maggie won't eat any of her treats because of her meds Shiloh found a pig ear and was happy happy happy! She held onto it. I told her it was "OK" so she lay down on Maggie's bed in the kitchen (I was cooking) and just kept it in her mouth as if someone would take it away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So cute. She did relax and set it down and napped a bit.
Finally her 'dad' showed up. He's a very pleasant guy, the wife on the other hand is cold as a well digger's shovel! No emotion. He said, "Well, I whistled for her and she didn't show up so we left." Fine, let the poor thing get eaten by coyotes! Anyway, I told him about his sweet dog, put the pig's ear in a zip lock bag, and off they went. I also explained to him about the
collar and buried line that dog's won't cross. Adelle said in the
south everyone has open yards and they all have those buried
wires and collars so when the dog approaches the wire it signals
the collar and they won't cross the line. I told him they either
get that or put a fence around the yard! Their property is fenced, but it's 20 acres also and there must be places she is digging under.
 
(P.S. I have no idea why this site changes the size of my font! Grrrr)
 
Cooking today was an experiment.... 1 cup of Quinoa cooked with 1 can of diced tomatoes with lime and about 4 ounces of V-8 juice.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now this would be good just by itself for a side.
Sauteéd shallot. Mixed up rinsed garbanzo beans, black eyed peas, baked beans, black olives, canned sliced mushrooms, diced green chilies, chopped pecans, cooked wild rice, and added the Quinoa and the shallot and a big handful of grape tomatoes.
 
I made a light dressing of mayonnaise, olive oil, and lemon
juice. Added my spices... onion sea salt, rosemary/garlic (grinder), Sonoma pepper, and some McCormick's Szechuan Style Pepper Blend. (Good)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then... I made some of the best and simpliest biscuits ever!
2 ¼ cups Bisquick and 2/3 cup Spicy V-9 Juice. Mix well and drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. They are light and fluffy and really
good!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A great little meal and good for me!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then at 2:15 Shiloh was back. Called Maria and she said, "You are just going to have to keep her and I'll call when I want to see her."
LOL Right.  They came down in about half an hour. She just wants to run away. Sigh....
 
This is late because my internet went away yesterday. I called Qwest and then ran a test on my modem and said it was 'fried'. So they sent me one overnight. No internet all day yesterday from about 8am and then of course this morning. Frustrating. 
 
 
Historically this date....
1943 – The Holocaust: German forces liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków.
1992 – An earthquake registering 6.8 on the Richter scale kills over 500 in Erzincan, eastern Turkey.
2003Human evolution: The journal Nature reports that 350,000-year-old footprints of an upright-walking human have been found in Italy.
2005Terry Ratzmann shoots and kills six members of the Living Church of God and the minister at Sheraton Inn in Brookfield, Wisconsin before killing himself.
2008Gold prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange hit $1,000 per ounce for the first time.
 
 
And births this date include....
 1929Peter Breck, American actor
  
sadly, he has dementia... he was DARLING!
 
 
1939Neil Sedaka, American singer and songwriter
 
 
 
1950 – William H. Macy, American actor
 
 
 
... married to Felicity Huffman
 
 
 
 
 
1956Dana Delany, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I liked her in China Beach...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
...my friend Rick Castro is celebrating his special day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!!! 
 
All I know. Nuff said.
Happy Sunday. Hope you set your clocks on Saturday night.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
 March 13th
Ear Muff Day
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sami with ear muffs I gave her
and pink gloves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I. Would. Lose. My. Mind. without internet.

Secondly, those people don't deserve that dog. Can't you keep her has company for Maggie? I hate to think that they'd put a shock collar and invisible fencing in. I doubt they will since they apparently can't be bothered to put up a decent fence to keep her home in the small area. Rrrrrr. Makes my blood boil. Of course, she runs to the place where she's loved and not considered a nuisance or common livestock.

Claire

Oregon Sue said...

I would LOVE to keep Shiloh, but I have to worry about Maggie and the old guy, Harley, right now and don't really have the mood to train a pup. She NEEDS training. But, if push comes to shove, I will keep her if they don't want her! ox