Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

~ Ice ~ Frustrations ~ Sticky Buns! ~


 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 29º morning. Ice on everything out there. 
The trampoline, barn roof, and Mr. Frog. Burrrrr.....
At least the hummer feeders aren't frozen!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Looks like we are in for some more weather...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday was most frustrating. I worked on the toilet tank thingy for an hour and never could get it loose. Even broke a fingernail in the process. In exasperation I called Tim. He will be over some time today. Sigh....  THEN the garbage disposal locked up and wouldn't work. I hunted and hunted and found an allen wrench and got it unstuck, finally!  That was about the extent of my exciting day.
 
 
I'm a little irritated with myself, as I forgot to put the card in my camera after taking off some pictures. Maggie and I had taken the trash out, put the can on the road, and stopped by Dave and PJ's. We fed the koi fish
 
 
 
 
in the big outside tank and I took some good pictures of them. DARN! Next time.
 
 
Stacked wood on the porch and experimented with cornbread mix with added chilies and Mexi-corn and cooked it in the waffle iron. Came out quite tasty. I put some pats of butter on the waffle before it finished cooking. Yummy. Then I heated some spicy refried beans and spread some of the bean mixture on the waffle. GOOD!  We had a roaring fire and watched TV. (Sizzling, huh? !)
 
 
Historically this date........
1885 – The newly completed Washington Monument is dedicated.
1947 – In New York City, Edwin Land demonstrates the first "instant camera", the Polaroid Land Camera, to a meeting of the Optical Society of America.
1948NASCAR is incorporated.
   LOL, did you see where that 20 year old won the race yesterday? !!!
    I bet that upset all the 'old timers'.
 
 
And births this date include...
1925Sam Peckinpah, American director (d. 1984)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1927Erma Bombeck, American humorist (d. 1996)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1934Rue McClanahan, American actress (d. 2010)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1937 – Gary Lockwood, American actor
Married to Stephanie Powers at one time...
 
 
1946Tyne Daly, American actress
 (It's odd, most actresses have their nose
made smaller, hers grew!)
 
 
1953 – William Petersen, American actor
 
1955Kelsey Grammar, American actor
 
 
  Dork.
 
 
 
1979 – Jennifer Love Hewitt, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And today is Trish's son, JJ's, birthday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Birthday to her cross-county truck drivin' son!
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy President's Day!
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
February 21st
National Sticky Bun Day
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Butterscotch Sticky Buns:
These sound good, and you use butterscotch putting.....

5 comments:

Lydia said...

I bet the waffles you made would be good with syrup, too.

Oregon Sue said...

Probably, but I am more into savory than sweet. Maybe without the chiles they would take the syrup bettter. xo

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW Thank you for posting that pic in honor of John III's 42nd birthday! That was nice.

So sorry you had such a hard time with that toilet! Well at least you gave it a huge try!

Boy, I hope you have your house toasty and warm. I have two heat sources going on right now. We have ice on the roof tops when I get up so it's frosty here too.:)

Hugs and have a great day!
XO Trisha

Anonymous said...

Your spot in southern Oregon is truly an icy place. It's cold here in the mornings, but no ice on the roofs. I had a little party Saturday night, which Ron came to. I introduced him to Destiny and they seemed to hit it off. I looked out my kitchen window yesterday about 4 p.m. and what did I see? Ice? No, I saw Ron's truck (took a second look at the license, it was him. Out of is truck he came and walked toward Jaylene's gate. Oh, here comes Destiny. Off they went. Ah, young men ... especially one who hasn't had a girlfriend in almost a year! Did I get a "hi" or head's up? Nope. I think I'll just pretend I didn't see anything. My saga with this Sheriff's Office contines. In Saturday's mail, I received the Notice of Exempt Claim filed with SB County Sheriff. SO mailed it to an attorney in Carlsbad, CA who is not involved in my case. I am thinking of calling the SO to pick up the document so they can forward it to the correct party, or delivering it in person. SBPD sent an officer yesterday to take a report. The officer loved the package I put together for him. He sees Civil Suit! LA county consumer affairs is looking into this guy and his company. He welcomes any additional information I unearth. This is my new hobby.
Ham and scalloped potatoes is tonight's dinner.

Oregon Sue said...

Sounds like Ron got very lucky. LOL