Good 44º cloudy morning. More sprinkles yesterday and lots of wind.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope your day is special! ☺ ♥ ☼
Yesterday was Tucker's baseball game. He got injured running into home and the catcher. He didn't play the rest of the game. Poor guy.
He was limping badly and it reminded me of the Dodgers vs A's World Series game I was at in 1988 where Kirk Gibson hit the winning home run and limped around the bases, due to a previous injury~
This was such a GREAT game, so nerve wracking, but such fun. My sister Marion and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. This video is cool.
Later yesterday afternoon I met up with Jennifer and Mike to celebrate his birthday (late... it was the 4th) at Taqueria La Guacamaya
We sat by the windows with a great view of the afternoon weather!
I had one of Julio's famous chicken tamales, two shredded chicken soft tacos, and rice and beans. YUMMMMM!!!!
I gave Mike a firehouse Dalmatian dog singing Ring of Fire.
Then Mike entertained us!
And all this time you though Bounce Dryer Sheets were just for use in the dryer...
Check all these uses out:
1. It will chase away ants if you put a sheet by them.
2. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened often.
3. Repels mosquitos. Tie a sheet of Bounce through your belt loop, stick in your shirt pocket, or hook into pants waist when you are outdoors during mosquito season. (This definitely works. I have done it before and no mosquito bites... and they love me!)
4. It will also repel yellow jackets. Use them when working outdoors or playing baseball or soccer.
5. If you are eating outside in mosquito season, set a sheet or two on the table, held down by a small weight, such as salt pepper shakers. (A restaurant up here on the river does this in the summer for their outdoor seating.)
6. Eliminates static electricity from your TV or computer screen. Since Bounce is designed to eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resetting.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. Freshen air in your home. Put a sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet. Also, put a sheet in your vacuum cleaner.
More on this later..................
Historically this date....
1948 – Israel is declared to be an independent state and a provisional government is established. Immediately after the declaration, Israel is attacked by the neighboring Arab states, triggering the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
1961 – American civil rights movement: The Freedom Riders bus is fire-bombed nearAnniston, Alabama, and the civil rights protesters are beaten by an angry mob.
And births this date include...
1944 – George Lucas, American director
1984 – Mark Zuckerberg, American computer programmer and internet entrepreneur, co-founder of Facebook
Since it is Dance Like A Chicken Day, here is the Greer, SC SWAT Team doing the chicken dance...
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
Dance Like a Chicken Day
Dance Like a Chicken Day is for those who like to do the "Chicken Dance". All 'ya gotta do is dance like a chicken. While any dance song will do, there's no dance like the Chicken dance.
It's tradition at every wedding reception to play and to dance the Chicken Dance. It gets people of all ages up dancing and mingling. It puts a smile on everyone's face. The Chicken Dance is not limited to weddings. It is also played at other social events where there is a band and dancing.
The only problem is that events are way too frequent for a chicken dance lover. Therefore, today exists to provide you with another opportunity to dance like a chicken. So, don't pass up this priceless opportunity.
Origin of Dance Like a Chicken Day:
Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day.
We did uncover the origin of the Chicken Dance song. It was originally titled "Der Ententanz" (The Duck Dance). It was created by Swiss accordion player Werner Thomas of Davos, Switzerland. Thomas created it in the 1950's. Over the years, it quickly became popular, especially at weddings.