Good foggy everything is frozen white 31º morning.
The rain in Southern/Northern California is wild. Here is a photo of the 110 Freeway in Carson... flooded!
Jar Heads.... check this out... Jar Head BBQ Sauce!!
The other day, friend Lynn Helbing (LASD ret) shared this dogs playing with babies video... OMGOSH, so cute. Put a huge smile on my face, and Bruiser was sitting on my desk watching, hypnotized!!
I received some emails from a few about John Wayne. Always a favorite in our family. My Jerry was named after him! Actually his mother wanted to name him John Wayne Maxwell, but his father put his foot down, so he was named Jerry Wayne Maxwell!! Anyway, John Wayne loved a cheese casserole.... and this was his favorite:
John Wayne's Cheese Casserole
John Wayne's Cheese Casserole
(sorry about the picture... one I copied off years ago...)
2 cans (4oz size) green chilies, drained
1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup canned evaporated milk, undiluted
1 T. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
3 medium tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Remove seeds from chilies and dice.
2. In large bowl, combine cheeses and chilies. Turn into well-buttered shallow 9x12, 2 quart casserole.
3. In a large bowl with electric mixer combine egg whites, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. In small bowl combine egg yolks, milk, flour, salt, and pepper until well blended.
5. Using a rubber scraper, fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Using a fork "ooze" it through the cheese.
6. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, adding sliced tomatoes on top overlapping around edge. Bake another 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of casserole comes out clean. Garnish with a sprinkling of chilies if desired.
Historically this date...
..............now if we could only get someone with a brain in charge of the TSA~!
And births this date include....
Mmmmmm.... he was a cutie!
1968 – Mary Lou Retton, American gymnast
What a lovely family!
1983 – Scott Speed, American race car driver
................this is funny, his name and profession. He was destined to race. Just like one of the doctors in the Cardiology unit here in Medford is named Dr. Lightheart.... destiny in a name. And my son, with the name Pendleton was destined to be a Marine! This is fun.... let's see ... who else.... Linda Toot played the flute in the Milwaukee Symphony!Mr. Sues is an attorney. Dr. Fingers is a gynecologist. Dr. Dick Bone (WHAT were his parents thinking????????) is a osteopath. Dr. I. Doctor is an ophthalmologist. In El Monte there is a dentist Dr. Ow. There is a gymnast named Kim Yoo Suk. Ouch. Sue Yoo is an attorney in NY. Dr. Ted Kadivar is a surgeon in Florida. Brad Slaughter is a meat department manager in a grocery store. Willie Stroker is a judge. OMLord! And a friend of mine from high school, Sue Shewalter Hite (Wilson S'63) had a cousin named Harry Butz! Jerry knew sisters in Texas named Ina and Ima Pigg. Those poor people!
Later Dude and I took a ride into Grants Pass to Abu's Deli where I got an assortment of Greek food, brought it all home and oinked out!! More on that later.....
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Peanut Butter Day
This is my favorite.... and interesting about the company:
Southern style is a favorite of mine... peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich or a peanut butter and banana sandwich (a favorite of Elvis!)! Yummmmm........................