Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Jerry Wayne ~ 600mm Lens ~ Peeling An Egg


 
Good 38º foggy morning.
 
*****************************************************
Eight years ago today my Darling passed away. I still have a hard time believing it's been that long. He is so missed every single day. RIP Dew. I miss and love you!
Jerry Wayne Maxwell 12-2-1940 - 2-12-2007
 

 






With his Maggie...


Avalon Catalina Island :
 




Sheriff Sherm Block and Kristen's graduation:

Chili Cook-off at Wayside:



 
My new lens is quite impressive. It's HUGE. Weighs 5 pounds. Doesn't sound like much, but OMG it feels heavy! It is 150mm-600mm. My other lens is 18mm-270.

This picture was taken with the lens of my mountain... at the top you can see the individual trees.. is that somebody waving?

Here is my mountain taken with my regular lens:

Critter pictures with new lens:




... and the turkeys wayyyyyyyyy down towards the gate:

 
Historically this date....
A bunch of stuff happened.
 
Births this date include....
1809 - Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States
1915 – Lorne Greene, Canadian actor (d. 1987)

1919Forrest Tucker, American actor (d. 1986)

1968Josh Brolin, American actor

Was married to one of my favorite actresses, Diane Lane, but are now divorced.
 
 
Yesterday was catch up with the computer and all the pictures I have been taking.
 
This video is going viral: how to quickly peel an hard boiled egg... I tried it using a pint canning jar with a lid and it worked!
or in a larger glass you can do two at once!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
February 12th
Abraham Lincoln's Birthday


 Abraham Lincoln's actual birth date. However, in modern times, we celebrate Lincoln, and all of the U.S. Presidents, on President's Day.
Every American knows President Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States. "Honest Abe", as he was commonly known, was born in the wilderness country of Hardin County, Kentucky on February 12, 1809.
Abraham Lincoln became president in 1861. Although he hated war, he was drawn into it as he believed it was the only was to save the nation, after the southern states declared their secession from the Union.
In addition to serving as president during the civil war and saving the Union,  Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation that ended slavery in the U.S. forever.He also wrote and gave The Gettysburg Address, memorializing the bloodiest and most important battle of the Civil War. Gettysburg proved to be the turning point of the war.
Shortly after the war ended, Abraham Lincoln became the first U.S. President to be assassinated. He was shot and mortally wounded on Good Friday, April 14, 1865 by John Wilkes Booth in Ford's Theatre.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 8 years. RIP Jerry, sure wish I would have had the chance to meet him. All the stories I have heard sound like he was a fun loving guy!
Your new lens is great. I think I know that guy waving! Kidding of course. The pictures of the critters are amazing. Really shows off details. You will have fun with that.
Well, you know how well I did with the egg peeling. First time worked great, then I decided to try two at a time and was not so successful. Maybe I was shaking them too hard. I will try again.
Have a wonderful day, stay busy! Chat later. xo
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I cannot believe it's already been eight years! I remember that morning well when you wrote with the news. So sad. He was a good looking man and a good man. I know you miss him terribly. RIP Jerry.

I am glad to hear the method of peeling the egg worked. I posted it on my FB page and told my friends I would try it and let them know. Haven't done it yet so happy to hear you did and it works.

Your new lens is amazing. Have fun with it!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thank you Jeannie and Trish. Eight years and it still isn't any easier.

Yes, the lens is fun. Interesting too. xoxo

Unknown said...

Eight years, cannot believe it, but know that it has been lonely a part of every one of the days. What a guy Jerry was/is. JPB can't believe it has been that long also.
Blog is always fun Sue, thanks for the information and pictures you give us every day.

Love, Gail

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Gail! Your words are appreciated. Love to you and JPB! xo

Anonymous said...

Was out early today. just read. wow can not believe 8 years Jerrys been gone.He is so missed and still loved!!p.j.& d.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks PJ & D. Dave and Jerry sure had a lot of "gun fun" together!
xo

Anonymous said...

Not much to say,Sue. Just want to acknowledge the sadness of this day. He would be proud of the strength you have shown over the years, in true fashion, making the best of being alone and yet avoiding loneliness,by staying lively and active...Mike C.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Mike for the kind words. xo

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Jerry, one of the very good guys!.. Don Joan Swift

Anonymous said...

Know you’re in my prayers especially today, Aunt Sue! Sorry I never got to meet your Jerry yet I’m blessed to you know!

Love,

Laura

Lydia said...

Your Jerry is looking down now admiring that impressive lens. He's proud of how you've carried on. Its an honor to him.

Oregon Sue said...

Don, Laura, and Lydia... thank you!
xoxo