Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Still No Computer ~ Phil Everly ~ Football Playoffs


 
Good 21 degree morning. Everything frozen .... AGAIN!


I am having withdrawals over not writing my blog. I don't like the laptop, the Acer, or the iPad for writing. Keyboards are not compatible with my fingers!


I am saddened to hear Phil Everly died. The Everly Brothers were favorites of mine.
 

 
Phil on the left, Don on the right.


Football yesterday was amazing... both games within 1 and 2 points of each other. Nailbiters!

 
Andrew Luck caught fire and the Colts overcame a 28-point deficit to beat the Chiefs in the second-longest comeback win in playoff history. I know my Brian is a happy camper!

 

 

The Saints will now go to Seattle to play the Sea Chickens. They overcame all the predictions of being Florida sissies playing in freezing Philly weather. Go Drew!!!


Today is the Chargers and the Bengals. I know Cliff will be glued to the TV....a big Charger fan being a former San Diego area resident. Early game for us on the Left Coast as it starts at 1pm ET.

And at 4:30 ET the SF 9ers will take on the Packers in Green Bay... hope they have hand, foot, and butt warmers! Aaron Rogers is back, stand by Kapernick.

 
The birthdays I missed I will make up.... tomorrow our baby girl, Alex will turn 18. OMG. Where did those years go??? I love you Alex xoxoxoxooxo


I have been cooking but photos and recipes will come later. A couple recipes with wild Texas shrimp.... one with pasta and one with a rice medley. GOOD!!!


All I know. Happy Sunday. Nuff said, fingers tired. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo

January 5th.....
Bean Day


 
Today is also National Whipped Cream Day

Cook a prime rib and make Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish Sauce:




1 cup whipping cream
1/4 t. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2 T. prepared horseradish, well drained
Dash Tabasco Sauce

Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in salt, horseradish, and Tabasco until well mixed.


January is National Oatmeal Month
January is National Hot Tea Month
January is National Soup Month
Yesterday was National Spaghetti Day




7 comments:

Lydia said...

What a blessing to find your hearty effort. Look forward to your computer situation being 100%.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks L. Sorry I missed your birthday. HAPPY BELATED!!! Also, if pictures are not showing, there is a glitch with this laptop. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.......xo

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

That horseradish sauce looks divine! Mmmmm! My Mom LOVED the Everly Brothers. I grew up listening to them.
Go Niners!!! Love t&g

Oregon Sue said...

Thank you everyone! That horseradish sauce is so good made with the whipped cream! Hope SF doesn't freeze back there. Should be interesting game. ox

Anonymous said...

Sue,
You know I wrote that your pics didn't come thru this morning when I clickied onto your blog. Well,right now Judy had sent an email replying to it so I clicked on on your link attached to her email. Sure enough there are the pics! Now, isn't that strange!

Good job!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

I think it's this laptop Trish. I forgot when I was using it before for the blog that when I published it everything looked fine until I went back and the pictures were gone. So it's a two part operation. Publish it and then go back and edit it and add the pictures. Pain in the you-know-what! xo