Total Pageviews

Friday, December 27, 2013

Trish ~ Shrimp/Crab/Mushroom/Bacon Pasta ~ The Bruise


Good 30º probably foggy but too dark to see morning. Yesterday stayed gloomy until 2:30 when the sun came out for an hour or so. Then at 5:15 I looked out and couldn't see anything for the thick fog. So tired of this!!!

Gadzzzzzzzzzz......there has been nothing on TV worth watching. Tired of the Christmas movies on Hallmark and ION. Need some football! Maybe it's time to read again. Have a good book that needs my attention.



Kristen sent me her pasole recipe...so will post that tomorrow. It's 'traditional' style, not the quick crockpot version or made with shortcuts.



Today is a special birthday.....my friend Trish Bowler (wife of ret LASD John). HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!! xoxoxo
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gF0CY4BizD8/UNxjteERw0I/AAAAAAAAif8/3Q6ScdxW4ho/s1600/JohnTrishMA29125228-0006.jpg

Historically this date....
1968Apollo Program: Apollo 8 splashes down in the Pacific Ocean, ending the first orbital manned mission to the Moon.

1978Spain becomes a democracy after 40 years of dictatorship.


2001 – The People's Republic of China is granted permanent normal trade relations with the United States. (oh joy)


And births this date include..
1901Marlene Dietrich, German actress and singer (d. 1992)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WCTB7IptV7Q/UNxjy2SZeCI/AAAAAAAAigE/Ka2vmFPK8iA/s1600/marleneMA29125228-0007.jpg

1948Gérard Depardieu, French actor
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i80RSF0rOjE/UNxj3UzF3hI/AAAAAAAAigM/mq9AlYvuRS8/s1600/gerardMA29125228-0008.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-osjRxH9d2Jc/UNxj4-DbyOI/AAAAAAAAigU/oHqWDurQXVo/s1600/gerard2MA29125228-0009.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tk_PvcH-6A4/UNxj6I8sQiI/AAAAAAAAigc/4rO_9UhCV70/s1600/gerard3MA29125228-0010.jpg
 
 
Decided to make an experiment yesterday. I had purchased some salad shrimp that was on sale and decided to make something other than a salad with it.  Into the crockpot went 2 cans of Progresso Recipe Starters... Garlic and Cheese. Then a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. Basil, Weber Roasted Garlic seasoning.
Then I added in a cut up leek....
Sliced and sauteéd mushrooms with olive oil and seasonings... cut up pre cooked bacon and added it in. When done sautéing, it all went into the crockpot.
The salad shrimp (USA product!) and crab were sauteéd in olive oil with some Hawaiian sea salt Jen's brother, Jimmy, gave me for Christmas. (tangy and good!) All that then added to the crockpot.
 
 
About 1/2 jar of capers, drained, and a jar of pimento was then added...
The crockpot was turned on high for about 45 minutes and then to low for 3 hours. After about 2 hours I cooked the package of angel hair pasta, drained and added it into the crockpot, stirring everything well.

OMGOOD!!!! This pasta dish is AWESOME!!!!
This I will make again and again!!!


 
Yesterday as I was trying to get some work done at my desk, Mr. Bruise decided he wanted all the space and attention.
After I couldn't do any more work he decided to move to the printer/fax and nap there...

Today is 'catch up' and 'get organized' day. All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.

xo Sue Mom Bobo
December 27th
National Fruitcake Day
I understand fruitcake is not liked by many. I do love it and so does my neighbor Dave. I may just have to make some (Ok Dave?), even though the holidays are over. I don't use citron in mine, don't like that, just red and green cherries and pineapple and pecans. It's just soooooo good after it's been soaked with whiskey for a week or so. Yummmmm!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!
Happy Birthday Trish. Sure hope your day is funfilled and full of great surprises.
I'm with you, TV is getting real boring. Now we are watching Everybody Loves Rayomnd, again and again. Oh well, still makes me giggle.
Your dinner looked scrumptious. So, does that mean you are eating it for breakfast? Mmm Mmm good.
"The Bruise" sure keeps you entertained. He is so silly, but sure looks comfy.
Okay, my dryer is calling me, so off I go. Have a wonderful day and we will chat later. xo
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Thank you for the birthday shout out and good wishes! Jeannie, thank you for the birthday wishes too.
I am thinking Jeannie and I are on the same wave link. I just love love Raymond! I have watched every episodes so many times and it still makes me laugh!

Brusier makes me laugh too. Such a funny kitty.
Oh that dinner of yours!! OMG It looked scrumptious! Another successful Sue creation!

OK I need to go do some laundry too. It's been several days so birthday or not.....!!! Tonight will be our usual celebration at Red Lobster! :)

Hugs and love XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

Oh I meant to tell you. I have the greatest No Bake Fruit Cake recipe. It makes so much that you have to open up a big trash bag, put it in the sink and mix it up that way. Yes it contains whiskey!
Made little loaves one time and gave one to the twins to take to their lady school bus driver with instructions that she wasn't to eat it until she got off duty! LOL

XOXO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

OK TRISH.... fruitcake recipe please! xo

Oregon Sue said...

Hey BFF.....You are good, Jeannie, to be able to watch Raymond still. And, yes, pasta for breakfast and again tonight for dinner. I may just get comfy in my chair with my snuggy blanket and read since I don't have to cook. xo

Anonymous said...

The best thing you could do is start a fire, poor a glass of wine, and open a good book and lose yourself in the story. I love to read more than watching TV.
Our weather is in the high 70's and low 80's this week. In the 40's at night.
John B

Lydia said...

Happy New Year! I learned to like fruitcake the European way- drenched in cream at serving time.