Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 8 ~ Turkeys & The Bruise ~ Leah's Dog & Cat ~ Soup

Good 29º foggy morning.


Day 8... trickling water only. No word from the plumber after FB messages, email, and phone message. No sun yesterday. Stayed in the 30ºs all day.YUCK!!!!


This weather prediction is not making me happy:


 The Bruise was out and about.....
And the turkeys were hanging around... they are happy the snow has melted and munch on the grass.. that is, when they're not standing on the fence wondering what I am doing...

"You lookin' at me?"
 

So, only 10 more days til Christmas. Don't know if all I want to do will get done. May be late with some things... gifts, cards, etc.


I did have some good phone conversations yesterday and last night... Brian, Jeannie, PJ, Nancy (who asked if she could pick up my laundry and do it for me!), Barry (LASD ret), Linda, and Aaron and Marie. Talk about weather.. they moved from Idaho to Montana.. where they have had -22º !!! Their Montana house has had some heating and water heater problems. YIKES, -22º... I was complaining about 2º!



Leah, my hair stylist extraordinaire has dogs and cats.. here's a couple  of them... Gus the dog and Kabinze the kitten. Awwww..... Gus is so sweet!
 
 

Historically this date...
1791 – The United States Bill of Rights becomes law when ratified by the Virginia General Assembly.

1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of American billionaire J. Paul Getty, is found alive near Naples, Italy]], after being kidnapped by an Italian gang on July 10, 1973.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tvjTABEr1U0/UMyWrl6dNQI/AAAAAAAAh2U/nCszYASu3hI/s1600/jpgIIIMA29118770-0064.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UOxw5tyjJN0/UMyWp0kT4qI/AAAAAAAAh2M/YmRV5hs9p2M/s1600/jpgIII2MA29118770-0065.jpg
After the trauma of his ear being cut off, he suffered emotionally and was in a self induced drug coma and later suffered paralysis.
1973 – The American Psychiatric Association votes 13–0 to remove homosexuality from its official list of psychiatric disorders, the DSM-II.

1978 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter announces that the United States will recognize the People's Republic of China and cut off all relations with Taiwan

2001 – The Leaning Tower of Pisa reopens after 11 years and $27,000,000 to fortify it, without fixing its famous lean.

And births this date include...
1892J. Paul Getty, American oil tycoon (d. 1976)
... amazing his grandson was found on his birthday!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WjFCfk6AnoY/UMyW70RQjvI/AAAAAAAAh2c/n_UHq0zQ8q0/s1600/jpaulgettyMA29118770-0066.jpg
1918Jeff Chandler, American actor (d. 1961)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2muiToYhXxw/UMyW-1xa2vI/AAAAAAAAh2k/5oeC7ZbDZd4/s1600/jeffMA29118770-0067.jpg
1949Don Johnson, American actor
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sGDQAe79m4Q/UMyXCL37EFI/AAAAAAAAh2s/aKllRDJQkc4/s1600/donMA29118770-0068.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LX9qEsho43k/UMyXDJpfSwI/AAAAAAAAh20/Zr2UGlQWpY4/s1600/don2MA29118770-0069.jpg

I finished up the turkey soup yesterday. Added in the turkey gravy and then mixed up some flour and water to thicken it a little more. I used my Mom's ancient shaker .. called a "Swirl Mixer" and made in Rochester NY in the 1930's...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Turkey, green beans, carrots, leeks, celery, garlic, basil,  mini potatoes, grape tomatoes, chopped 'hot' green chilis, broth from cooked turkey bones, turkey gravy.... OMGOOD!!!!

 
If you were a proctologist... and I don't really know anyone who is, but would you put up a Christmas tree like this? LOL, I would.
 
All I know. Happy Sunday. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
December 15th
Bill of Rights Day

and..........
National Cupcake Day
 

 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Isn't there another plumber in your area you could contact? Rude for this guy not to respond to you. He must be super busy!

Glad to see the snow is somewhat melting.

Hang in there girlfriend! Your soup looks amazing!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Oh I know Mike is busy. The other day on his cell phone he had 116 messages! Problems all over the county! Mine's not emergent, so I will just wait... xo

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give for a bowl of that soup!! My, my, my! I came to visit you in my dreams last night and you were entering a cooking contest- I was going to get to sample your entries- lol. It was so real I woke up starving!!! t&g

Oregon Sue said...

OMG.... I did enter a contest in 1992 with an Asian Coleslaw and won. I will post it tomorrow. Easy and really good. Great for potlucks or whatever... xo

Lydia said...

Love the Christmas Tree