Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dude Pedi ~ Football ~ Oak Ridge Boys ~ Shingles ~ Pears ~ Rooster ~ Guacamole ~ Sweetest Day


Good 36º morning. Moon out there bright as all get out.

 
First thing yesterday I took Dude to the groomer.
Sarah cut all his nails. A mani/pedi for my boy! He was nervous but did good. New things.... Sarah is sweet, when I had Yukon and with his 3 legs it was hard for him to go to the groomer's for his nail trim so Sarah came out to the truck and climbed in the back and did his nails there! (I have a picture....somewhere...)

 

I got some new dish soap... and it smells HEAVENLY. Scent of orange. Love it!
 

 

You can see the Sea Chickens did quite well against the Cardinals on Thursday night... now for Sunday Football... and Peyton Manning is going back to Indianapolis to play his Colts~! That should be interesting. My Pats are playing the Jets.... another interesting game.
 
 


This came from PJ's Dave.... get out your Kleenex. Emotional. And, the ending is something you won't expect!!! GREAT!



 
 

Because of the shingles info I posted yesterday I got a note from Ed Chenal (LASD ret) telling me Costco has the virus shot. I called them and they are $22 cheaper than the clinic in town. $185 and he said some insurances pay. Guess I'm getting my shot at Costco... killing two enchiladas with one fork... shopping and a shot~!

 
 

Today is my pals Diamond Bar Trish & John Bowler's son Eric's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!

 
 

Historically this date...

1943Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, is isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.


1944United States forces land in the Philippines.



2004Care International aid worker Margaret Hassan is kidnapped in Iraq.






2005 – Hurricane Wilma becomes the most intense Atlantic hurricane on record with a minimum pressure of 882 mb.





And births this date include....

1932Robert Reed, American actor (d. 1992)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K-7WyFE9B14/UIF2oURBpZI/AAAAAAAAejI/nid9OIc_lIQ/s1600/robertMA29087292-0013.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L52U06u7Jdk/UIF2pveCk2I/AAAAAAAAejQ/j2qIaxAvKoY/s1600/robert2MA29087292-0014.jpg


 

1936 – Tony Lo Bianco, American actor

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kozXtvVYusg/UIF2wCnAXNI/AAAAAAAAejY/QtMlK-MPTB0/s1600/tonyMA29087292-0015.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MrQVOVJVXd8/UIF2x1mKJOI/AAAAAAAAejg/kPwWZ7-GQWE/s1600/tony2MA29087292-0016.jpg


1945 – John Lithgow, American actor

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-90HgqCdnBVE/UIF24m7apsI/AAAAAAAAejo/6Z9MNPXiwPA/s1600/johnMA29087292-0017.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gIgG-Www-G8/UIF25jRmQ2I/AAAAAAAAejw/Y869IWebKOg/s1600/john2MA29087292-0018.jpg


 

1965 – Ty Pennington, American television personality

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IGpCCUw6_6g/UIF3C-zZFCI/AAAAAAAAej4/NpiDm3WX2iA/s1600/tyMA29087292-0019.jpg


 

1967Amy Carter, daughter of US President Jimmy Carter

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gssnColRJUc/UIF3IXN3CtI/AAAAAAAAekA/lkNytEUTNxQ/s1600/amyMA29087292-0020.jpg
 

Yesterday I decided to do something with all the pears on the tree out back. I have never "done" anything with them, just left them for the critters... deer, squirrels, etc. Picked all I could reach and ended up with 29...or about 9 pounds.




Peeling them was a pain as well as cutting them up. Put the whole mess in my crockpot. Added water, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger. They cooked on low all night.


Such a wonderful smell in the house... and do they taste good! YUMMMMMMMM

Today I will can them after mashing them in the food processor and cooking out the liquid.

 
 

Something funny... got a call from Brian yesterday. He was at the gas station and said the guy behind him got out of his truck only wearing shorts and socks! He said the next part was so hilarioushe HAD to call someone and share..... Then the station attendant told Brian in the front seat of the guy's truck were two Chihuahuas' and a ROOSTER! Rooster was sitting on the center console! The cab was also filled with chicken shit! I tell ya, all kinds of Oregonads!


Wish I had been there.... would have taken a picture!!!

 

Dinner was some avocados in the fridge that needed to be used... so made guacamole... lemon juice (in the Jelly Bean bottle!), sweet/sour chili sauce, tomato, mayo, garlic sea salt, and gorgonzola cheese.




I do wish those chips had been garlic bread instead!

 

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
Sweetest Day

(I always got flowers from my Darling!)

 

Date When Celebrated: Third Saturday in October Now here is a day dedicated just for your sweetie. It exists as an opportunity for you to recognize that sweet and special someone. It doesn’t matter who that person is, or what their relation to you. They just have to be "sweet" in order to get a little recognition. Herbert Birch Kingston, a Cleveland, Ohio philanthropist and candy company employee started Sweetest Day. He wanted to bring happiness to orphans, shut-ins and under-privileged. His intent was to show these people that they were not forgotten.  In 1922, he started this holiday by giving candy and small gifts. He often used movie stars to distribute the gifts. The popularity of this holiday quickly spread. Today,  it is celebrated with loved ones and friends. However, we encourage you to follow the intent of the original holiday, and find ways to give candy and small gifts to those in need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm baaaack! Been reading your blog every day but Kev's laptop is a pain to use so I haven't been commenting.

Thank you for Eric's birthday shout out! It amazes me that you knew that!! He's 41 today. Yikes!

Oh yes! Good for you to get a shingles shot! I got one some time ago at Kaiser when I was there on a regular visit. Cost me nothing. Yaaaaa for Kaiser.

Your pears looked yummy. I could almost smell them cooking!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Good to have you back T!!! Missed your daily drivel. I know being with Baby Isabella was so worth it though. Such a sweet baby. Hope Eric has a GREAT 41st birthday~! xo

Lydia said...

Our friend Trisha could not possibly have a 41 year old son- she is much too young at heart.

That guacamole looks intriguing.