Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

Fires ~ Couch ~ Breakfast ~ HB Bruiser! ~ Potato Chips ~ Rosso's


Good 44º (wow, cold!) somewhat clearer morning. I even saw some stars last night! Fires still going like mad, but winds must be blowing the smoke somewhere else! Nice for a change, but it will probably all be back soon. Picture taken at 6:30am....
The fire near Glendale Or in Douglas County has burned 28,000 acres! The fires down here, near Galice, 3700 acres, and Cave Junction, 2000 acres. 

 
Picture of a Hellgate boat on the Rogue River....
Some parts of the river have been closed.

 

 
This from Deewayne Honneee P-berger:
WIFE: "There is trouble with the car. It has water in the carburetor."
HUSBAND: "Water in the carburetor? That's ridiculous."
WIFE: "I tell you the car has water in the carburetor."
HUSBAND: "You don't even know what a carburetor is. I'll check it. Where is the car?"
WIFE: "In the pool."    :o)

 


I want on of these!!!


How cool would this be when you have visitors! Trouble is they probably only make them in the UK. If anyone knows where they are made in the USofA...let me know! I'm gettin' one!
 
 
Breakfast yesterday was good! I made some coffee using Turkish coffee (got it in Turkey when I was there... keep airtight and it lasts) and added in some of the new Bailey's Vanilla Brown Sugar coffee creamer. YOWSA!
 
Then cut up some tomato and added spoonfuls of Philly Spinach-Artichoke Spread.... salt and pepper.
I can't tell you how much I LOVE scrambled eggs with mayonnaise..... just a spoonful with two eggs all mixed up. I am crazy about the new Best Foods Balsamic mayo!!!
Then add in some garlic powder, pepper-orange seasoning
and cilantro. OMGOOOOD!!!! 
 
 
 
Three special birthdays today.... my pal Erika's hubby Spencer is celebrating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCE!!!
 
My neighbor from Temple City, Marie Vincent is celebrating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!!!
 
.....and I have designated the 2nd of August as Bruiser's birthday. I first saw him in 2008 in about March or April hunting in my pasture and seeking shelter in the barn by going under a stall door. So today is Bruiser's 5th birthday. He has taken over! LOL.
 
 
Looking for pictures of Bruiser I found this one of a crash in front of Dave and PJ's house in 2008 on 8-2 !!! Welcome to our curve in the road!!
 
Historically this date...
1776 – The signing of the United States Declaration of Independence took place.
1923 – As vice president, Calvin Coolidge becomes the 30th President of the United States after the death of Warren G. Harding
1964Vietnam War: Gulf of Tonkin incidentNorth Vietnamese gunboats allegedly fire on the U.S. destroyers USS Maddox and USS Turner Joy.
1990Iraq invades Kuwait, eventually leading to the Gulf War.
 ..........my Brian joins the Marines!
 
 
And births this date include...
1924 – Carroll O'Connor, American actor (d. 2001)
 
 
1932 – Peter O'Toole, Irish actor

 
1945Joanna Cassidy, American actress
 
 
So.... I am at the store and these new Lay's Chips jump out at me...The Lay's guy was stocking shelves and I asked him about the Sriracha flavor. He said they "are very hot". Ok then. Bought some, along with the Cheesy Garlic Bread flavor. Then made the mistake of opening the Sriracha while sitting having wine in front of the TV. Next thing I know, the bag is EMPTY! OMG, they are SOOOOOOOOO good!!! Haven't tried the other one yet. A little afraid I'll eat that whole bag too. At least I bought the small bags!!!   
 
Ok, for you Grants Pass folks...here is the DEAL of the day...
Rosso's has GOOD food!
 
 
All I know. TGIF. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
August tooth....
National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
( I can taste it now! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, Felicia, has a case of chips sent to her periodically from New Orleans. Ones we can't buy here. Recently she posted those two bags that you bought and said they were oh soooo good!
Funny you ate the whole bag because last night as I sat in my chair I ate a whole bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos! lol It too was a small bag tho! :)

Happy 5th Birthday Bruiser! Such an adorable photo of him with his paw over your leg! You have worked miracles with that little guy!

Sure did enjoy our chat last night! Did you get GS after we talked?

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

LOL Trish, we're a couple of snack food oinkers!!!

Thanks re Bruiser! xo

Yes, did get to chat with GS. Nice. Been a while. Going to do it more often.

xo