Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2013

Weather ~ Fum & Gebra ~ Claire ~ Lindsay Windsay



Good 54º rainy morning. Started in the night, very light rain after a wild windy afternoon and evening. Aaron the landscaper is supposed to be here today to redo my raised beds and put down new gravel. Don't know if this rain will hamper ....

Yesterday a dark cloudy start....
...and then a break before the winds started.....


PICTURE of the day...
Nature defying all odds.... We should all be so tough and hearty!



Amazing friends... have seen and posted one of Fum and Gebra (cat and owl) before..here is how they first met...


 

Now there is a website for these two goofy friends....


Go here and watch the latest video.....


 

 
 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This from my friend Mike Cipolla....

Two Texans are sitting on a plane from Dallas and an old Jewish Texan is sitting between them. The first Texan says, "My name is Roger. I own 250,000 acres. I have 1,000 head of cattle and they call my place The Jolly Roger." The second Texan says , "My name is John. I own 350,000 acres. I have 5,000 head of cattle and they call my place Big John's." They both look down at the Jewish man who says, "My name is Irving and I own only 300 acres." Roger looks down at him and says, "300 acres? What do you raise?" "Nothing", Irving says. "Well then, what do you call it?", asked John. "Downtown Dallas."     ( LOVE it!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Today is a friend's birthday... Claire Atteberry. Claire likes to fish...and she's good at it!!!! Nice hat! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!!!!

 

 

Today is also Lindsay vonZabern's birthday. "Lindsay Windsay" was our neighbor in Temple City. She was a little one back then... all grown up, married, and a mommy now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!

 

 

Historically this date...

1846 – The saxophone is patented by Adolphe Sax in Paris, France.

1949 – The first television western, Hopalong Cassidy, is aired on NBC starring William Boyd.


 

And births this date include..

1942 – Michele Lee, American actress

 
 

1978 – Ariel Pink, American singer-songwriter and musician

          ...........and a real weirdo!  Bill, you are much better looking with pink hair~!

 

 

Was busy trimming grapevines until my back gave out. Came in and did laundry. Ho hummm....... excitement pulsates hereabouts!

 

After snacking on the quiche all day I wasn't hungry for dinner so made some popcorn, topped with Can't Believe It's Not Butter, bacon/chipotle sea salt, and grated cheese. YUMMMM!!!!

 

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
June 24th
National Pralines Day
 
 

 

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Everything is so interesting... I see the pralines and FORGET everything before):-

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday,
I hope when Aaron gets there to fix your raised beds, he puts gravel down and not working on a "grave". LOL Got me giggling.
That quiche is really hard not to keep picking at. They are so good.
And yes, Bill is much better looking with pink hair.
Not much else here, have a wonderful day, and enjoy the cool weather, won't last long. Chat later. xo
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, pralines are GOOD!!!! xo

J, either you need another cup of coffee or I do!!! Nut. xo Later...

Anonymous said...

I cracked up at the Jewish Texan's comeback to those other two Texans. Perfect!!

I am sitting here amazed at the plant coming up thru that asphalt! Yes, we should all be that strong and tough!

That gun sign would be perfect for John's garage wall. The Harley side is separate and he has made it into his man cave with a little frig too! So cute!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, pralines are GOOD!!!! xo

J, either you need another cup of coffee or I do!!! Nut. xo Later...

I'm sure T that John doesn't think his Harley Man Cave is "cute" !! xo

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, pralines are GOOD!!!! xo

J, either you need another cup of coffee or I do!!! Nut. xo Later...

I'm sure T that John doesn't think his Harley Man Cave is "cute" !!xo

Oregon Sue said...

OMG Jeannie, I forgot the l on gravel. Yes, you were right. Sending next pre-blog to you to read for errors!!! xoxoxo