Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Politics ~ Comments ~ Pat ~ Tim ~ Wal-Mart Re: Deen ~ Garden Salad ~ Orange Blossom


Good 61º heat wave cloudy some sun morning.

 

Gator.....
Thanks again!

 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just FYI, if you are in a foreign country and your English sucks, don't leave comments. If you comment in a foreign language I will delete it. If you want to promote your website and leave a link on your comments... I will delete it. I don't print comments from people who want to make statements about their site or products....only if they are personal friends of mine. SO stop sending comments.

Here is an example of one I received:  
"If you use these loans sagely and use the money price, for instance the equipoise,
interest charge per unit as advantageously as requital dates.
Others could invest in a business concern that is on a decline with for hunt appropriate lenders." (a link with a "UK" address was included!)   UNLESS you are a friend of mine.........DON'T COMMENT!   Delete Delete Delete!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is a special birthday... my Greece travelin' pal, Pat Kelly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!!

 
And it's also Tim Goslin's birthday. Tim the son of Avalon's former Fire Chief Jack Goslin.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!!


Historically this date...
1950 – The United States decides to send troops to fight in the Korean War.

1957Hurricane Audrey makes landfall near the Texas-Louisiana border, killing over 400 people, mainly in and around Cameron, Louisiana.

1982Space Shuttle Columbia launched from the Kennedy Space Center on the final research and development flight mission, STS-4.

1985U.S. Route 66 is officially removed from the United States Highway System.

 

And births this date include....
1927Bob Keeshan, American actor (d. 2004)
Captain Kangaoo!


1949Vera Wang, American figure skater and fashion designer
 
 
1975 – Tobey Maguire, American actor
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Trish has written a letter to Wal-Mart headquarters and I think we all should do the same! Not a fan of Paula Deen, but this singling her out for a remark years ago is STUPID. Because she used the "N word" they are dropping her from the Food Network, taking her product out of Wal-Mart and making her feel like she's committed murder. So wrong.

Here is T's letter:
I am a huge fan of Wal-Mart!
I am originally from Arkansas and am so proud of Sam Walton for such a success story.
I am writing today because I learned that you have severed ties with Paula Deen.  I am so very disappointed in your brand for doing that!
Now here is the most important question:  Do you still carry those obscene RAPPER CD's where they use the N word non stop and denigrate women constantly? From what I see on your website you do!  Now where is the fairness of this?
Paula is NOT a racist but those rappers are!  Fair is fair and I don't believe I will be stopping in at your store until I read you are doing business with Paula again!
Thank you,
name
city, state
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To leave a comment with Wal-Mart Corporate Office:

Wal-Mart also carries all the music of Lil Wayne, the creep who stood all over the Stars and Stripes while singing the National Anthem - his version!

Published on Jun 18, 2013:
Rapper Lil' Wayne was filmed stepping on an American flag while shooting a video for his song "God Bless Amerika."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So true......

 

Dinner last night was a salad.... chopped celery, carrots, green onions, sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, avocado, and hard boiled eggs..... oh, and lettuce!
Dressing was lemon juice (in Mad Housewife bottle), orange sauce with ginger, mayonnaise, garlic seasoning and garlic powder. Whisk all together until right consistency.

 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Thursday. Haircut day! Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
June 27th
National Orange Blossom Day

Cultivated from orange trees, fragrant orange blossoms are widely used in cooking, flower arranging, and perfume making. Blossoms are commonly used to make honey, tea, marmalade, and to flavor bakery items. With so many useful applications, one may quickly assume that today’s holiday is a celebration of this multi-faceted flower. However, National Orange Blossom Day actually honors the Orange Blossom cocktail, a bittersweet drink consisting of gin, sugar, and orange juice.

 

2 oz Gin
1 tsp superfine Sugar
1 Orange slice

Mixing instructions:

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the gin, orange juice, and sugar. Shake well.Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with the orange slice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Your blog was packed with goodies today! First, I had to immediately post that cartoon on my FB page! Then, I loved that you posted my letter to WalMart! I detest hypocrisy! PC has gone too far! It's just a damn WORD!! Like you said, she didn't kill anyone! I hate that the F word is tossed around so lightly but most seem to do it daily!

Learned something new. Did not know that Vera Wang used to be an ice skater!
That comment from the UK? tickled me. Couldn't figure out what the heck they were talking about! Your blog must be seen far and wide!

YUM! More salad for breakfast?

XO Trisha

Galen "Ike" Sabean said...

Lovely photo of you wearing the hat. However, I cannot figure what that is hanging from the right side of your head! It looks like a small whip. I like the MC pullover with the hat.

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, Ike, that's a feather wreath on the wall behind me! xo

L, you are right, her books are selling like hotcakes on Amazon! ox

Anonymous said...

Good old Captain Kangaoo! The kids loved his show.
Love your friends letter to Walmart. I totally agree with her. Going to copy paste her letter, then change it some to make it personal as we don't have a Walmart up/down here. But one can let them know how one feels. What about all those a-hole broadcasters that called Sarah Palin every vile thing under the sun = well, heck that was ok, they were Democrats after all.
Have a great day. E

Anonymous said...

Well, I had to send the Camo hat after you wrote about cutting the fields and getting hay all in your hair. Ha ! I thought it would serve you well by keeping the sun out of your eyes AND keep the straw out.


See,..... We do pay attention ,


XO
Gator

Dom said...

I'm afraid many of those comments are left by robots :(

Oregon Sue said...

I'm sure you are right Dom. It's frustrating when I think I have comments and get excited and then read the dummies! xo