Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Moon ~ Jerry's Books ~ Bruiser ~ Tammy ~ Seafood Salad


Good 43º clear sunny Saturday morning....

"Where's my coffee?"

The moon last night at 9pm...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's another funny from George B.....
   O'Hare Approach Control to a 747:"United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."

United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this...I've got the little Fokker in sight." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I had a bunch of books that were Jerry's. I sent out a notice if anyone was interested...military history stuff and western books. Two people wanted them. I told them postage only for payment.... Well, 'Gator', an email friend in Florida, who was in Navy Intelligence, wanted most of them. I mailed them off and he, in return, (how nice is this!) sent me the postage + (extra is for "you and Brian to have a beer"!)  and three USMC hats! He said the camo desert hat was for me when I mow!! LOL. I will be so cool!  One USMC hat for me and the 'Once A Marine ...' hat for Brian. Gator, I'm sure Jerry is smiling. Thanks! xo
 
So........ the Bruise decided to go on one of his junkets. Left on Thursday morning about 10:30 am. Didn't come home all night. I worried, as usual, and was miserable. He showed up at 12:30pm yesterday. I get so elated when he returns. He seems genuinely happy, but WHY does he leave to begin with?? I know he was tired... he slept all the rest of the day.... on top of my desk and hand purring like mad...
and then on the hats! Nut case.
 

I have seen this before and it's a RIOT! Came this time from Mike Afentakis (former LE, dad owns NAPA in RR) ...... Our paperless future?  I laughed out loud!!!


Today is a special birthday... Tammy Hyman... mother of Sideways (aka Mr. Big Stuff) and Jaco. Wife of the awesome guitarist Gary! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!!
 


PJ found Mr. Big Stuff (my name for him) on the side of the freeway. I helped her rescue him and brought him here. I was about to have back surgery and really didn't need to take on another dog (had Maggie and Yukon at the time). Tammy saw his picture and said she and Gary wanted him. I took him half way (they live in Modesto) to Redding and they 'adopted' him! What a great home he has!!!

 
Historically this date....
1941 – Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa.

1942Erwin Rommel is promoted to Field Marshal after the capture of Tobruk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.......Just to take a break from history... here's a George B funny in regards to Germany...

    A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich , overheard the following:
Lufthansa (in German):
 "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
 
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."
 
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany . Why must I speak English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent):"Because you lost the bloody war!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2009 – Eastman Kodak Company announces that it will discontinue sales of the Kodachrome Color Film, concluding its 74-year run as a photography icon.

2012 – A Turkish Air Force McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II fighter plane is shot down by the Syrian Armed Forces, killing both of the plane's pilots and worsening already-strained relations between Turkey and Syria.

 
And births this date include...
1903John Dillinger, American bank robber and murderer (d. 1934)
 

1919Gower Champion, American dancer and choreographer (d. 1980)
I took ballet lessons from his wife's (Marge) father... Ernest Belcher.
 
 
1933Dianne Feinstein, American politician, 38th Mayor of San Francisco
 
1936Kris Kristofferson, American singer-songwriter, musician, and actor (The Highwaymen)

1949 – Meryl Streep, American actress
 
1949 – Lindsay Wagner, American actress
 
1952Graham Greene, Canadian actor
 
 

I'm printing this today as I won't be up early enough to let you know....
Full moon kids... here is the time schedule....
Eastern = Sunday - 23rd June 2013 - 07:32:18 am
Central = Sunday - 23rd June 2013 - 06:32:18 am
Mountain = Sunday - 23rd June 2013 - 5:32:18 am
Pacific = Sunday - 23rd June 2013 - 04:32:18 am
As big as possibleOn this June full moon, the Moon will be closer to the Earth than any time this year. This is why the term "supermoon" is used, which is a little exaggerated, though. Here you find more information:www.fullmoon.info/en/blog/supermoon.html
 
I printed this recipe a couple of years ago, but it's so good and a great summer favorite of mine....
Jerry loved it too and asked for it often. It came from the Frugal Gourmet TV Show in 1993.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhqyd_HegXLTWWChp9UvbWO1Pv42vgbGXTbhyphenhyphentYaeQOWVDoLl5sezOAiTHbBMEB4Lj8I731OopleEOTea04wL__P6lXYUyvYoAigNkohLIWZGX5n_ZE39g8aXTva-PN4mjkc0U-JfoPoBo/s1600/jeffsmithMA28804447-0010.jpg
Read his story. Weird. Didn't know this stuff about Jeff Smith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Smith_(TV_personality)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgQ2LS1V6TpLiuHo1ICH2FbXuBsubwRYDuZ3OLNSxrk_KKJHBIxgCk7tn4p-A09A_5562kl1TRTiRgdCDVn7s72Fdq3cntKeffzUum40FFT-7DIy7vjb4hdCMocbaQwmEr-qXH8j-u-utU/s1600/seafood%2520saladMA28804447-0011.jpg
Seafood Salad....
2 cups mayonnaise (Best Foods, of course!)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup olive oil (use extra virgin for the spectacular taste)
2 T. lemon juice
pepper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 cups shrimp
1-2 cups scallops
2 cups fake crab (or fresh squid)
Quickly sauté in butter or olive oil... and cool.
2# muscles - steamed and cooled
chopped sweet onion
grated carrot
chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
Mix all together. Refrigerate several hours.
You could add some type of small pasta to this dish also.
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
ox Sue Mom Bobo
June 22nd
National Onion Rings Day
 

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Gator is a GOOD man.

I thought Lindsay Wagner was the most beautiful woman when we were first married. She was two things I wanted to be, but never could- tall and blonde):-

Thanks for info on full moon. Will have to have a "shooting party" with my camera tonight.

Oregon Sue said...

Share your pictures L!! xo

Anonymous said...

Bruiser is so dang cute when he sleeps. Wonder why he picks the weirdest places to sleep. Doesn't he have a comfy pillow bed in the house? The wanderlust must be in his blood.

Sideways and his pal are such beautful dogs. You can tell they are very well cared for and loved. Lucky pup the day you and PJ rescued him!

Nice hats, Mr. Gator! Very thoughtful!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Don't forget to share pictures L!
xo

T, the Bruise has lots of places to sleep... on my rocking chair, a blanket on the couch, a scratching post with a bed on top, dining room chairs, etc. I think he gets bored with places and likes to move around. And yes, Sideways and Jaco are beauties! Thanks! xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you thank you for the Sweet Birthday Wishes!! Love you so much!!You gave me the Best Gift when we got Mr. Big Stuff! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Graham Greene is one of my favourite actors!! Cyndi Lauper turned 60 today too!! Tammy

Oregon Sue said...

You are welcome Tammy! I hope you have a fun celebration! I like Graham Green too, but didn't know about Cyndi! Thanks. HUGS to you. xo