Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 9, 2013

All My Dogs ~ Your Name? ~ Leah, Ike, Virginia, & Wendy ~ Bruiser Attacks Pencil ~ MCL Dinner w/ Phil Donahue ~ Crabmeat Spread


Good 25º morning. Again! Come on Spring!!!



Ok, who doesn't love their dog, or any dog? They are better than most people. I have had several in my lifetime, Scuffy Ann of Stockbridge my black dachshund, Heidi my mini red dachshund, Lucy my collie, Dallas our Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Buckwheat & Spanky (dogs Jerry found under a bridge, mixed breeds),Yukon our black lab, and my Maggie, a Scottish McNab.
OMG, I can't find a picture of Rufus P. Rochester, our little short legged black Heinz 57 dog. If I do, I'll post it later. He was found by Brian wandering the neighborhood and couldn't find a home so we kept him. A real love.
 
So....... watch this, it's called 'So God Made A Dog'....keep the Kleenex handy!

 


Now, if you would like to know the meaning of your name or names of others... check this:



You may have to do some traveling on this site, most names are derived from other names.... so keep looking until you find what you want. Mine is easy, came from Susanna, meaning lily. My Kristen is a variant of several names going back to Christian. Brian is Celtic and meaning 'hill' or 'high, noble'. Possibly because of the Irish king Brian. Fun stuff!


Today there are several special birthdays....
Leah, my friend and hairdresser. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY GIRL! (Wow, you're getting old! LOL.)
 

.....and today is my friend and ret. LASD guy, Ike Saben's special day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!
 

.... today is the birthday of a former Temple City neighbor and friend, Virginia Cobar. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIRGINIA! (Picture taken at Brian and Jen's wedding in 2003... my Alex, me, and Virginia)
 

....and today is my friend Wendy Harp's birthday (wife of ret LA CO Fire Capt in Avalon on Catalina) HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY!
 

 
Historically this date...
1842 – The first documented discovery of gold in California occurs at Rancho San Francisco, six years before the California Gold Rush.

1916Pancho Villa leads nearly 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against Columbus, New Mexico.

This picture was taken in 1910 in Canena Mexico. These are Pancho Villa's men who came to my grandparents home and told them since they weren't Mexican citizens they must leave. My Mother on the left with some kind of bandage on her head, my Uncle Lloyd in the middle, and my Aunt Agnes on the right.

1945 – The Bombing of Tokyo by the United States Army Air Forces began, one of the most destructive bombing raids in history.

1959 – The Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York.

2011Space Shuttle Discovery makes its final landing after 39 flights.


And births this date include...
1902Will Geer, American actor (d. 1978)

1921Carl Betz, American actor (d. 1978)
 

Yesterday, like most days, Bruiser makes himself at home on my desk in the middle of everything. Yesterday he decided to attack my pencil....

 

After the trauma of the pencil fight ... The Bruise took a nap!

 

Last night was the Marine Corps League dinner and meeting. Sat across from Linda Price and next to Chuck Devore and across from Sue and we had fun conversations about our families and pets. Dinner was good, salad & rolls, bacon wrapped TENDER steak, mashed potatoes, green beans.


Across the room was a Marine, John Howard, who I kept looking at and trying to figure out who he looked like... then Chuck said "Phil Donahue" !!! YEPPERS. Cinda took my picture with him!


Fun evening. Adria Barton (former Marine and member of JCRW) was there and we have made a date for a girls lunch in a week or so.

 
All I know. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
March 9th
National Crabmeat Day
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my high school pal's Crab Pie. Sandy (Todoran) Beck.... been friends since 9th grade. This is AWESOME!
(closest picture I could find...not quite how finished looks)

 
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 t. horseradish
2 T. mayonnaise
1/2 onion - finely chopped
1/2 bottle (Heinz) Chili Sauce
1 can flaked crab
Blend cheese with horseradish, mayo and onion. Spread onto plate, flatten, and refrigerate overnight.

Before serving, spread chili sauce over top. Flake crabmeat over all. Serve with Ritz, rye crackers or toast rounds.

Also...Sprinkle on a little chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro.

7 comments:

Galen "Ike" Sabean said...

Sue, Thank you for the BD wishes! I share my day with some nice people on your friends list! I am honored to be one of them. Also today is "Barbies" birthday, how lucky could I be! Love and Hugs! Ike

Oregon Sue said...

Ike, I hope your day is GREAT!!! You and Barbie, I can see that. xo

Lydia said...

Absolutely beautiful. The picture of family history, the flower's in in the hair at wedding and the dog video.

My fortune cookie this morning said "The star of happiness is shining on you." It must have known I was going to ready your blogpost!

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks, L!

Anonymous said...

LOL Loved the video of Brusier and the pencil. I have to remember to let Eric watch it. I have told him all about Brusier and how he looks like Kitty.

Adorable pic of Alex at the wedding. Love her hair piece.

mmmm crab pie looks delicious!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

xo T

Anonymous said...

Love, love, loved Bgod made a dog"!!