Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Summit View ~ Cheetah Up Close ~ One Pot Again ~ Violin Day



Good 36º low clouds morning. Raining in So. Cal. Yeah for you guys! More predicted for here by tomorrow and a mix is snow possible. Snowed on our Siskiyou Summit yesterday...


and going through the different cameras saw this happening at Hilt at the moment.... not good!


My friend Charlean Allen (ret LASD) sent this video of a cheetah joining a safari.. OMG!


Then I found this on youtube about the same cheetah and some narration....


Dinner last night was another "clean out the fridge one pot meal" .... broccoli slaw, chopped tomatoes, chopped carrots, chopped bacon (pre-cooked,chopped,Costco!), cubed turkey ..



Heat veggies and bacon in olive oil, heat noodles and add. Add package of seasoning from the noodles and a cup of water and some of the whipped cream cheese.... add cubed turkey and heat well, stirring....

 



Mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm!


 
This is funny... Gar Austin said he finally, to the thrill of his wife, got his Christmas Tree up.....
He said he loves the smell of pine!


This from my friend Trish about the jalapeño popper spread... "The jalapeno poppers spread turned out to be delicious but oh so rich! You can't eat too much at a time but we gave it our best shot. It was a big hit with the family! Thanks Sue!"


Today is the birthday of Steve and Barbara Voors daughter, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Allison!!!


Historically this date...
1977 – A DC-3 aircraft chartered from the Indianapolis-based National Jet crashes near Evansville Regional Airport, killing 29, including the University of Evansville basketball team, support staff and boosters of the team.

2000 – The "Texas 7" escape from the John Connally Unit near Kenedy, Texas and go on a robbery spree, during which police officer Aubrey Hawkins is shot and killed.

2003 – Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit (see Operation Red Dawn).


And births this date include....


1925Dick Van Dyke, American actor and comedian


1989Taylor Swift, American singer
... the first picture I like, the second with the dark eyeliner and the red lipstick not so much...


 
All I know. JCRW luncheon today. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
December 13th
Violin Day


The violin is an incredibly versatile musical instrument, allowing for music of great passion and incredible delicacy. Violin Day salutes violinists, and encourages you to listen to music featuring violins. If you’re feeling particularly brave, why not try to learn to play? I tried, way back in grammar school and was horrible at it. My Scottish grandmother though, was very good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning.
Thought I had better comment before you slapped me around. Ha
Your creation last night looked great. Amazing how you take anything and everything and make a meal out of it. We do tacos, you create.
Glad Trish liked the Popper dip. It is rich, but I just keep eating it, addicting. Mmmmmmmmm
I agree with you re Taylor Swift. Keep it simple.
Okay, now I am going to go back and read about "Dick Van Dyke. I love him.
Have a wonderful luncheon, and we will chat later. xo
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

That Cheetah video, Amazing! You would have said "come on baby, let's go home and see the Bruise." He would have become your new pet!!!! Wow

xo, Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Ok, Jeannie aka BFF, you maed me laugh! But you know, I was thinking ... "why wasn't that man talking to tha big cat? I would have. Then I watched the narrated version and the driver said "Do not talk" "Do not move".... Oh well, you know me, he would have been purring in no time! LOL xo Chat later.

Lydia said...

One of many instruments my parents suffered through my attempting to play- The violin is something I am better at listening to than doing.

Met Taylor Swift when she was 16. Heard her sing before she was on the radio- quite the songwriter. Glad to see her success- agree completely about the makeup.

Funny man/ Christmas tree joke! My husband loves ours - but the world will end the day he helps do more than help lift it in place):-

Oregon Sue said...

L, you know it's our own fault that husbands don't help with certain things, as we tend to take over and so they just keep their mouth shut!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Christmas Tree.: ) This is the first year that I am not getting a live tree. I regret it on certain days but I will be happy on January first when I have no needles to clean!

I wanted to play flute in grammar school. They stuck me with the violin.I hated everything about it and I was terrible at it. I had to get to school early and carry that thing as I walked, I was so happy when Mama said I could quit!
I watch Dick Van Dyke Show on DVD- love it!Luv t and g

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue,
I cracked up at the Christmas tree being up! I copied the pic and will send it to my guys! What a HOOT! Kind of goes along with the pic of the ball of lights being "up"! LOL

Last night at bunco I told the ladies about the popper dish and of course they all wanted the recipe. Linda Kettle will be going to a wine tasting where you take an appetizer. They don't tell who brought what and there is judging! I told her she will be a shoo in with this dish! :)I sent them all the recipe and the photo.

John sent me the video of the big cat on the vehicle. I marveled at the guy with the camera who was sitting so close to it with no protection between them. I would have been terrified! He could have killed that guy in no time.

I agree about Taylor and the make up. When you are young and gorgeous, natural looking is best even tho she does look beautiful in both photos.

Loved the looks of your din din! My fav thing are those noodles! mmmmm

Hugs, Trisha

Anonymous said...

One pot again The best kind of food for a cold day :)
Re: Taylor Swift - the first picture I like, the second with the dark eyeliner and the red lipstick not so much... My only comment to that is "why would she do that to herself?"
Have a great day. Erika

Anonymous said...

Love your Blogs! Enjoy seeing Bruiser becoming such a great companion! Happy Holidays!, Love, Miss Bonnie