Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sami & Tucker ~ Trish ~ Crab Stir Fry ~ Fruitcake



Good 36º drizzly morning. Rained all day yesterday. Supposed to get a break. Ha! That's what the guy on the TV said and I don't believe them!


There was one moment on Christmas that made us all laugh. Sami unwrapped a gift and in it was a white gift box. She says, "A box! Now, that's what I'm talking about!" OMG, we all laughed so hard!!! What a character she is!

 
... and two more pictures ... I gave Tucker a gross of number 2 pencils (his request) and a gross of erasers for each pencil. He was happy happy happy!!!!



Today is a special birthday.. .my friend Trish Bowler (wife of ret LASD John). HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!!


 
Historically this date....
1968Apollo Program: Apollo 8 splashes down in the Pacific Ocean, ending the first orbital manned mission to the Moon.

1978Spain becomes a democracy after 40 years of dictatorship.




And births this date include..
1901Marlene Dietrich, German actress and singer (d. 1992)


1948Gérard Depardieu, French actor




Last night was stir fry dinner... l-r: fake crab, mushrooms, leek, zucchini, radishes, green bell pepper.....


Olive oil in pan, first mushrooms til sizzling, add rest of veggies, crumble up crab, mix well, sauté a few minutes. Add chopped tomato, yakisoba noodles, sauce mix, cup of water...



The very last thing, I added some chopped green cabbage. Awesome! P.S. the cooked radishes are soooooooo good!


 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Thursday. Hairdo day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
December 27th
National Fruitcake Day

Didn't this year, but I love getting the fruitcake from Costco, dousing it with rum and let it sit a week before eating it. OMGOOD!!!

It is very appropriate for National Fruitcake Day to be celebrated shortly after Christmas. Once the holidays are over, it's time to get rid of your fruitcake. Giving a fruitcake is a Christmas tradition for many. It is also believed that recipients will re-wrap the fruitcake and give it to someone else. Who knows how many years, or decades, a fruitcake has been passed along? Ultimately, the trick is to make sure you give away the fruitcake before the holiday season is through. Otherwise, you get the joy of storing it, until the next fruitcake-giving season.

On National Fruitcake Day, those with a sweet tooth can celebrate by eating a slice or two. Otherwise, we suggest you use this day to give your fruitcake to someone....anyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
That is way too funny about Sami. "A box". Tucker looks so excited about all the pencils and erasers. They are both so cute! Happy kids.
Happy Birthday Trish! Hope you get to do something spectacular.
Your creative dinner, as always, looked scrumptious. I must be lazy, when I look at that it looks so good, but then I think, wow that's a lot of work. Guess we will just come to your house and you can make it for us. LOL
Off to start my day. Have a fun hair day. chat later. xo
Jeannie
Thanks for the blog!!!!

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks BFF!!! Yes, the best wishes for Trish for her special day. As for the dinner, chop, dump in pan, cook. Easy!! C U later. xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much sweetie for the happy birthday wishes and the pic! :) Cannot believe the age I am today! I hope to forget that part! :) As is our tradition we will go to Red Lobster for din din. I received two gift cards from the Diaz family for there so, perfect.
Love the pencils for Tucker! Now that's something for a child that age to want, isn't it? He'll be set until high school! :)
Sami is funny! That was so cute!

I love love that kind of dinner! Chop chop and dump! Yes very easy if you have all the ingredients. I need to copy your recipe and try that.

Thanks again and thank you Jeannie for the happy birthday wishes!

XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to watch Sami and Tucker grow up! I love writing with a freshly sharpened pencil too!

Trish looks like a Hollywood star!! I love cabbage in anything and I still haven't tried cooked radishes. There's another thing you do with them if I remember correctly? Love- t and g

Lydia said...


I adore Gérard Depardieu movies. Not the prettiest package of male appeal- it is what he projects- a gentle but unmistakable strength.

Fruitcake. My mother insisted we keep the cakes sent by her brother for Christmas even though only one ever got opened.

I actually learned to like it served in the European fashion- with a bit of cream poured over at serving time.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I have learned from many past experiences never to rely on the weatherman. You and I could do at least as good and probably much better.
Now, fruitcake? Rum or no rum, ah-never mind-enjoy!!!

John