Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

RAIN ~ Ace Dave ~ Dee/Dale ~ Pumpkin Cake ~ Bruiser Home ~ Peanut Butter Fudge

 
Good 50º POURING RAIN morning. This storm started last night and has POURED HARD all night! I'm sure there is plenty of water running in my seasonal creeks now! This has been wild. Yesterday afternoon we had ½"... overnight we got 2 ¼" !!!! Get that Ark fired up!!!


Today is a special day for some of my friends...
ACE Dave Perry is celebrating his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!


(Dave and his buddy Skeeter)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.... and today is the 22nd wedding anniversary of my pals Dee and Dale Yellin. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS!!!



From Gar Austin....


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Only 40 days left until the end of 2012!


Historically this date...
1974 – The United States Department of Justice files its final anti-trust suit against AT&T Corporation. This suit later leads to the breakup of AT&T and its Bell System.
.......boo hoo

1985Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.
... we've come a long way babeee!

1992 – In England, a fire breaks out in Windsor Castle, badly damaging the castle and causing over £50 million worth of damage.

2001 – In Washington, D.C., U.S. President George W. Bush dedicates the United States Department of Justice headquarters building as the Robert F. Kennedy Justice Building, honoring the late Robert F. Kennedy on what would have been his 76th birthday.


And births this date include....
1925Robert F. Kennedy, American politician (d. 1968)


1939Dick Smothers, American comedian


1942Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
.................obnoxious dirty mouthed creep!



1945Rick Monday, American baseball player
                 HERO!


1956Bo Derek, American actress


1959 – Sean Young, American actress


So.... instead of making a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, make a Pumpkin Bundt Cake! Add these items and bake as directed on the cake box....

1 bx yellow cake mix (18 -¼ oz)
1 bx butterscotch pudding (3.4 0z) (instant)
¼ c vegetable oil
¼ c water
1 c canned pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 eggs
powdered sugar or whipped cream, opt.

EASY!!

 
Love this......



Bruiser came home yesterday with the help of PJ and Dave. They loaned me their big dog cage. I put in his favorite soft towel, a box with his bed in it, litter box and food. He seems happy until he gets hungry!
That's Harley in the foreground checking out The Bruise... He was starving this morning again and had eaten all the dry and wet food. I'll see about picking him up today. He needs to have drops put into his left eye where the doc thinks he was clawed. I won't tell you the cost of his week stay and shots/tests/surgery, but suffice to say I'm renaming him DryerDishwasher!

 
All I know. Nuff said. Will spend the day inside. Watched a STRANGE movie last night, in between checking on Jeannie's 9ers and Santisteven's Bears... SF 32 Bears 7. Whoa! Anyway the movie was with Meg Ryan and Tim Hutton in Serious Moonlight. Whooooo........ As my Mom would say, "Different, honey" ! My granddaughter Alex told me about it and she and I both agree the end was funny! Hopefully the movie Tammy suggested, Darling Companion, with Diane Keaton will arrive via UPS today. A doggie story. Tammy loved it.

Happy Tuesday. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
November 20th
National Peanut Butter Fudge Day


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8x8 pan
½ cup butter 
¾ cup peanut butter
2¼ cups brown sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
½ cup milk
3½ cups confectioners' sugar

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioners' sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth, pour into 8x8 dish. Chill until firm, cut into squares.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Brui$er made it home. He seems like he's wondering WTH happened? lol

Skeeter is such a cutie pie! Love his marking. I hope you like the movie!!

Jow Biden has early onset of Alzheimer's disease. Laughing at inapropriate times etc. We are in trouble!! Love ya- t

Lydia said...

Joe Biden is President Obama's job security):-
Bo Derek- What a lovely woman she continues to be.

I always check my blood sugar before reading your blog or I would never get a "normal" reading.

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, Skeeter is a fun girl! Really about Biden??? AND they let him hold the second to the top spot? I don't get it. He's an ass!!!

Oregon Sue said...

@ L, yes, Bo is a beauty. She's probably not too happy sharing her birthday with Biden, seeing how her political leanings are the opposite! xo

Anonymous said...

LOL
Girls I am chuckling at yours and Lydia's comments. Yea we've always said that Biden is Obama's job security. IF something were to happen to Obummer then OBite me would be the president so Obummer has to be kept safe! LOL
I think he has a serious case of at least dimentia.

Love seeing Bruiser home and looking bright eyed again. Since he is a "charity" kitty I would have thought the vet would have gone easy on the charges. You are a good person Missy Sue! Your rewards await you in Heaven.

XOXO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks T, but I was thinking "dang, I'd like some of those rewards now", and then got to thinking, I have them! My family and friends and critters. I am "rewarded" !!! xo