Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Big Bird ~ Sue's Killer Meatloaf ~ Sausage Pizza

Good 36º morning. Yep Fall. So glad. Now if we could only get some rain!!


Just think 10-11-12. The next odd date will be 12-12-12. Then that's all.....


10-11 in radio code talk is "transmitting too rapidly".



 

So, Tuesday night I made the meatloaf I had been talking about with Dave's Killer Bread.... and a bunch of other stuff.

First I soaked the bread in milk. Then mixed up 1 pound of lean ground beef and 1 pound of pork sausage. Mushed it all together and added the milk soaked bread and Italian bread crumbs, mushed that all with 2 eggs. Sauteéd shallots, mushrooms, and bell pepper until soft and let cool. Added to the meat mixture and smooshed it all together.





Mixed the vegetable dip with the ricotta cheese. Put half the meat mixture in the pan, topped with the cheese mix, added thawed chopped spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese and topped it all with meat mixture.





Added my chili sauce and baked at 350 for 70 minutes. (I am not a fan of the brazen nut case Teresa Heinz Kerry, I have loved and eaten the Heinz Chili Sauce since before she married the Heinz heir!)


This was AWESOME. And of course, meatloaf sandwich was the order of the day for lunch yesterday!

 

Historically this date......
1910 – Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.

1929JC Penney opens store #1252 in Milford, Delaware, making it a nationwide company with stores in all 48 U.S. states.

1968Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.

1984 – Aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger, astronaut Kathryn D. Sullivan becomes the first American woman to perform a space walk.


And births this date include..
1844Henry Heinz, American food manufacturer (d. 1916)
.....interesting that I mentioned/and used his chili sauce on today's blog!

 

1884 – Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States and humanitarian (d. 1962)


...and a bunch of other people!


All I know. Costco day. Nancy going with me. Got new tires on my ride yesterday. YIKES... expen$ive! Tomorrow is the Trader Joe's opening in Medford. Would go, but know it will be a crowded mess! Happy they are finally here though!
Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
October 11th
National Sausage Pizza Day! Oh boy!
I just may have to get a 'take and bake' !

 

And here's a neat idea... sausage pizza loaf:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meatloaf looked delicious. Lucky you, meatloaf sandwich. This was a definite mouthwatering blog, at least for me. Time to go check out the fridge.
Have a fun day at Costco. As you know, we went yesterday. Soooo much fun stuff. Enjoy and hi to Nancy.
Chat later. xo
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

I PROMISE to have fun shopping!!! LOL. xo

Anonymous said...

Your meatloaf looked delicious and unusual too. Just know that John Heinz was a "R" and so was Teresa until she married that pitiful Kerry!!
I want you to know that I was laughing so loud while watching the Sesame Street video that I was afraid I would wake those still sleeping upstairs! I immediately posted it on my FB page.

Happy to hear you all finally have a Trader Joe up there. Don't blame you for not going on opening day. E and I did that at BevMo and wow what a crowd!! Long lines!!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, I knew Heinz was an R, wonder what happened to Teresa??? She lost it. Glad you liked Big Bird. Someone has a good imagination and made good fun of the BB situation! Happy Wedding weekend and hope that shoulder is better. xoxox

Lydia said...

That food looks GOOD! Can't wait to get home and cook!