Total Pageviews

Friday, August 17, 2012

Heat ~ Fires ~ Turkeys ~ Erika ~ Microwave Corn

Good 61º (ick) smokey morning. Heated up yesterday......... should be the same today. (UGH)
A year ago today it was also 106º !
Fires are everywhere....
I went into town to get my hair cut and on the way out my gate there were 2 hens with a flock of baby turkeys....

They finally got the idea my truck was still moving.....

Today is my pal, Erika', birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!! Are you going to leave your hill top in La Crescenta and go down to the big city for a special dinner? I hope your day is wonderful. Thank you so much for being my friend! xo ♥
(no picture, she's shy!)
 
 
Historically this date....
1907Pike Place Market, a popular tourist destination and registered historic district in Seattle, Washington, opened.
1942World War II: U.S. Marines raid the Japanese-held Pacific island of Makin (Butaritari).
1950Hill 303 massacre: American POWs were massacred by the North Korean Army.
1998Lewinsky scandal: US President Bill Clinton admits in taped testimony that he had an "improper physical relationship" with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. On the same day he admits before the nation that he "misled people" about the relationship.
.............HELLO!
2008 – American swimmer Michael Phelps becomes the first person to win eight gold medals in one Olympic Games.
And births this date include....
1786Davy Crockett, American frontiersman and soldier (d. 1836)
1920Maureen O'Hara, Irish actress
   retired to her home in Ireland... she's 92!!
1930Glenn Corbett, American actor (d. 1993)
(born in El Monte!!!)
1969 – Donnie Wahlberg, American actor and singer (New Kids on the Block) ... Blue Bloods
Ok, so I know you all have seen this video of how to shake the husk off corn when you cook it in the microwave...
 
So I did just as the man said... and this is what my corn looked like...
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to the method I have used forever.... drop in boiling water with 1/4 - 1/3 c vinegar, turn off burner. Eat whenever you are ready. Corn will be hot and still crunchy. Perfect!
All I know. Nuff said. TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
August 17th.
National Thriftshop Day
(Let's go shopping!)

 
 

No comments: