Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Catalpa ~ Walk in DC ~ Kitchen Sink Salad ~ Pina Colada


 
Good 57º sunny morning. I think we hit 94º yesterday. Kept AC on most of day from noon on. It did cool off nicely at night.

Yesterday I canceled my meet with Doug Breidenthal and Laura re his election. My back was killer. I put a call into my neurologist and am waiting for a return call. I sat against the heating pad and alternated with frozen peas all day. What a pain. (pun) A lost day. Nothing done. Sigh.........


I did take a picture of my blooming Catalpa tree... 

The tree is covered with bees and the whole thing is 'buzzing'. The only reason I remember the name of this tree is because where I grew up in LA there was Catalpa St. ... west of Eastern, north of Valley Bl. and it intersected with Rowan Ave, Ditman Ave, and Vineburn Ave.


This is a short video but very worthwhile. A walk for the President....
Thanks Rich Steinhurst, ret LASD ... for this!



A couple of special people having birthdays today.... Kristen's bestest friend Leticia. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LETICIA!

And my friend Mike Salvatore, LASD retired, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!


Historically this date....
1850Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th President of the United States upon the death of President Zachary Taylor, 16 months into his term.

1913Death Valley, California hits 134 °F (~56.7 °C), the highest temperature recorded in the United States.

2005Hurricane Dennis slams into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.


And births this date include....
1839Adolphus Busch, German-born brewer (d. 1913)

 
1926Fred Gwynne, American actor (d. 1993)


1931Nick Adams, American actor (d. 1968)

 

1947Arlo Guthrie, American musician
..............good grief!

 

1957Cindy Sheehan, American anti-war/political activist
ADAM HENRY! Attention whore!




1972 – Sofia Vergara, Colombian actress
.... something about her accent makes me want to throw up!

1980 – Jessica Simpson, American singer
.... no, Jessica, Chicken of the Sea is NOT chicken! Duh.
 

Dinner was a salad with everything in it but the kitchen sink.... cooked/sliced mozzarella-garlic sausage, radiatore pasta, peas, celery, green pepper, iceberg lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, fresh Italian parsley, Rogue Creamery cheese curds..... hmmmm... did I leave anything out?

For the dressing I mixed some poppy seed dressing with a little Pico Pica.... GREAT!


 

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.

xo Sue Mom Bobo
July 10th
National Pina Colada Day


Ice cubes
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
Sliced pineapple, for garnish, optional
Maraschino cherry, for garnish, optional

Fill blender halfway with ice cubes. Add rum, coconut cream, coconut milk and pineapple chunks. Puree.
Serve, garnished with a slice of pineapple and maraschino cherry, if desired.

No comments: