Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Macho Macho Seagull ~ Debbie ~ Dr. Alphabet ~ Policeman's Heel ~ Pots-A-La-Gu




Good 48º very cloudy morning. No rain here yesterday, but coming back from Medford (again) it poured! 30% chance today and 70% chance tonight. At least it washed the yellow pollen off my car!


*************************************
This from Lynn Helbing... a seagull with cajones grandisimo!


****************************************

 
A special birthday today ... Debbie Flores. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!! Celebrating at a bowling party tomorrow.


Click on this link.... scroll down to the film clip and standing on the steps where George Burns exits the building is a gal in a yellow dress.... that's Debbie!

Went to Medford and the clouds were interesting...

I had an appointment with a rheumatologist. Interesting. Check this... his name is Theerapol Prasertsuntarasai !!!! I asked him about his heritage and he said, "Guess!" !! Ok, so I tried. I got half right, he's half Chinese, but the other half eluded me.... Thai! He was very serious to begin with and then I got him to laugh. He was very thorough and nice. Had my hands x-rayed as well as my shoulders and feet. He said I do have rheumatoid arthritis (knew that, thanks Daddy) and also plantar fasciitis in right foot. Also known as, get this, "policeman's heel"! He says it's curable and I need to get special made insoles for my shoes. Brian's friend Derek does that... so will make an appointment with him. 'Dr. T' (as I call him) said he had the same thing and it did go away. Yeah. Funny about his name, the receptionist.. I asked her to pronounce his name for me... forget it! ... said a lot of people call him "Dr. Alphabet" !! I checked his background...
Medical School:
Chulalongkorn University, Faculty Of Medicine
BANGKOK, Thailand
Graduated: 2000
Residency Hospital:University Hi
Honolulu, HI, USA
Year completed: 2005
Fellowship Hospital:
University Ok
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
..........................now go ahead and pronounce the name of his medical school! Sounds like a type of corn from Chula Vista!

Historically this date...
1934 – American bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by police and killed in Black Lake, Louisiana.

1939 – The U.S. Navy submarine USS Squalus sinks off the coast of New Hampshire during a test dive, causing the death of 24 sailors and two civilian technicians. The remaining 32 sailors and one civilian naval architect are rescued the following day.

1992 – Italy's most prominent anti-mafia judge Giovanni Falcone, his wife and three body guards are killed by the Corleonesi clan with a half-ton bomb near Capaci, Sicily. His friend and colleague Paolo Borsellino will be assassinated less than 2 months later, making 1992 a turning point in the history of Italian Mafia prosecutions.



And births this date include....
1883Douglas Fairbanks, American actor (d. 1939)

Douglas Sr.                                      Douglas Jr.

1928 – Rosemary Clooney, American singer and actress (d. 2002)


1931Barbara Barrie, American actress
 

 

1933Joan Collins, English actress

 


Dinner last night was one of my concoctions...
Asparagus, onion, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, olives, artichoke hearts, chicken, cream cheese, whole wheat bow ties, and almond accents.


I cooked the garlic in the boiling water with the pasta. In a fry pan I sauteéd the onion, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus in the olive oil juice from the artichoke hearts ... then added the garlic, artichoke hearts, and olives... some chicken, the cream cheese, pasta, and stirred in the almonds. YUMMMMMMM!




 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
May 23rd
National Taffy Day
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the Bee Gees! I have been posting their videos lately on FB in honor of Robin. Barry is my fav. He reminds me of Daryl.
They have always been my all time favorite band. It's sad that they are one by one passing away.

Happy Happy Birthday Debbie! How cute she was in that film!

Dinner looks delicious!!

Your doc's name cracked me up! At first I thought it was Greek but I guess looking at him you knew that wasn't the case.
Feel better GF!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

As always, thanks T!! A faithful few who comment... makes me happy. xo