Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Artichokes ~ Turkey/Garlic/Mushrooms/Pesto ~ Creamy Corn


Good 25º foggy frozen morning.

You can see the ice on the pine needles.....

Yesterday it was still icy on the grass at 10:30am ....


I am a runner up in the humming bird photo contest at :



Scroll down to the bottom on the left and click on "2012 Contest Winners Gallery". Once the pictures load just click on each one to see them all. My picture won't be on their calendar, but I was considered. Yeah! My picture is #17...




I was letting Maggie out yesterday afternoon and there was a noise in the wood stove... .a birdie. Propped open door and screen, opened stove door fast, and out he flew. Came back to my desk and saw a movement under it. ???? Lizard? Mouse? Then I saw it.... a little bird. Scared. Quiet. I moved things out from under and never could find him, but the door was propped open so maybe he left. I hope so. Harley went out... so maybe the birdie did too. Makes me sad if he is still in here and dies. :o( Wow, two birdies in one day! Or maybe three............. as I was going out the front door later it seemed to me a little finch flew threw my legs and out the door!
I'm not positive if he was in the house or just sitting on the porch, but highly unlikely he was on the porch!




I received the artichokes
that Ocean Mist (in Castroville) told me they were sending for taking a survey and "winning" a contest. OH BOY. Yummmmm! I joined their 
 at:

They have lots of recipes and ideas. Also if you click on "Recipes" they have digital cookbooks you can load. Join the club and get emails from them. Some super recipes here!
Thank you Ocean Mist!!!

AND...............if you want to watch something that will make your blood boil..... thanks Ed Chenal for this!



Click here to see an ABC News report on U.S. Bridges and roads being built by Chinese firms and Chinese workers!:
My friend Erika, down in La Crescenta, is helping her in-laws, Spencer's folks, celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary! Go William and Leola!

Historically this date....
1817Mississippi becomes the 20th U.S. state.
................and a whole lot of other stuff happened!

Births this date include......
1914Dorothy Lamour, American actress (d. 1996)

1928Dan Blocker, American actor (d. 1972)


1941 – Tommy Kirk, American actor


1941 – Tommy Rettig, American actor (d. 1996)


1952 – Susan Dey, American actress


1964 – Bobby Flay, American celebrity chef and restaurateur

Ok, did cooking experiments last night.

First I reconstituted some dry mushrooms and cut up a jumbo garlic and sauteéd them in olive oil. Cooked some bow tie pasta, drained and added that along with cut up turkey. I scooped a big spoonful of pesto and one of ranch dressing into the pan and mixed it up and heated it through.
 




Then............... I cut up red and orange bell peppers (you can use green .. but not yellow, as it won't show up) ... sauteéd them in butter, added frozen corn, heated. Then added half a tub of Philly Chive/Onion cream cheese and about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. (Next time I'll add 1/2 cup!)


Wow, the turkey with the pesto and pasta/mushrooms/garlic was AWESOME! As well as the creamy corn and bell peppers! Glad I have leftovers for breakfast!!!

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
December 10th
National Lager Day

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Old Yeller is one of my favorite movies.
Where the Red Fern Grows, one of my favorite books.

Guess that makes me a dog person):-

Fabulous looking food.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks L. Being 'dog people' is a good thing. xo