Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Slept In! ~ Turkey Sandwich ~ Soup Soon ~ Bubba

Good 40º foggy (raining in GP according to Brian) morning. I SLEPT THE DAY AWAY!!! I didn't get up until 7:30!!! OMG. Well, yesterday I woke up just after 3am and never could get back to sleep so, this is what I needed. Strange to wake up and it's LIGHT! Weird. So, will play catch up for a bit with the blog etc. 

Today is 'soup day'. I had a turkey sandwich with mayo, lettuce, and Jeannie's cranberry relish for dinner last night. AWESOMELY good!
Today I will strip the carcass
that I had cooked all day yesterday in broth and make soup. I have mushrooms (many kinds), wild rice, broccoli, pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and anything else I can find in the fridge or cupboard. Drooling now thinking about it.

Yesterday I put some broken up rolls out in the back yard, as they were old and stale so thought the turkeys would like them. Not. But later I heard a crow making 'strange noises' and when I walked into the dining room there he was on the barn roof with a couple of the rolls! 
 
 
 
 (Sorry not a good picture) He was happy happy and the rest of the rolls soon disappeared.


Gloomy and a little drizzle yesterday and today looks the same...


My good Sisterfriend Olga's "little boy" James is 21 years old today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!
Birthday boy with his mom! Mr. Paramedic, everyone is very proud of you! HUGS Bubba!!! xo

You are in good company on today's birthday list!
 

Historically this date....
1902American Old West: Second-in-command of Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch gang, Kid Curry Logan, is sentenced to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor.


1993U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.

.... that was the first step!

1995 – Official end of Operation Desert Storm.

1998Exxon and Mobil sign a $73.7 billion USD agreement to merge, thus creating Exxon-Mobil, the world's largest company.

2004 – Longtime Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings of Salt Lake City, Utah finally loses, leaving him with US$2,520,700, television's biggest game show winnings.


And births this date include...
1810Oliver Winchester, American gunsmith (d. 1880)

 
 
1835Mark Twain, American writer (d. 1910)
 
 
1918Efrem Zimbalist Jr., American actor
Oh how I loved '77 Sunset Strip' TV show!
 
1926Richard Crenna, American actor (d. 2003)
I so liked him. A good guy. Born in Los Angeles, Belmont High, USC, US Army! One wife, Penni, from 1959 until his death!

 
1927Robert Guillaume, American actor

1929Dick Clark, American television host


 


 
 
 
 
 
1952 – Mandy Patinkin, American actor and singer
Criminal Minds....a fav!
 
1965Ben Stiller, American actor
Him I like, it's his father that turns my stomach!~
 

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
November 30th
National Mousse Day


If you are interested in making a chocolate caramel mousse, the directions along with step by step pictures are here:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I so agree about Jerry Stiller. He was a nut case on King of Queens. The show would have been better without his character acting insane!
Isn't Efrem Z still good looking!!
Poor Dick Clark. I thought that man would never look old but after he had a stroke he did all at once.
I too loved Richard Crenna. I remember him mostly on Our Miss Brooks as Walter, I think it was.
I had turkey sandwiches three days in a row. Oh yum. Do you not put dressing in yours? Oh yum again!
I too slept until 7:30 today but that's still early for me. :)
Hugs and have a good soup making day!
XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Right on T about all those people! No, don't put stuffing on my sandwich. Would never be able to get it into my mouth!!! Like my stuffing hot with gravy. xo