Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rain ~ 90 Year Old LAPD Retiree ~ Sandwich Day

Good 42º raining morning. Rain started sometime between 2am and 6am. So far 6/100ths of an inch.

Yesterday I went to town and picked up a parcel at the PO, dropped off a letter, got a prescription at the pharmacy and headed to Grants Pass. Stopped at a signal by the shopping center I saw Nancy drive by and into the center. I followed her. She was off doing errands too and I was heading to the Elk's Lodge for our Law Enforcement/Fire luncheon. We chatted for a few.

The lunch was nice. Another LAPD retiree was honored for his birthday ... he turned 90 on October 31st. He started with LAPD after a stint in the Navy 62 years ago! He's been into their retirement fund forever! Go Walter!
The gentleman next to Walter is Henry, who turned 95 in August... also retired from LAPD.

 
My lunch was great, chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. Indulgence to the max! After lunch we (Joe, Bill, Bob) went downstairs for a glass of wine.. and Dale was there along with my pal Jeannie. We had a nice time, picked on Joe ... the usual. (Good thing Joe is such a good sport and fun guy!)
 

Out in the parking lot I had to stop and visit with Dusty... awaiting the return of his dad inside the Elks.
and.... then there was Chaka-Kune, the girl to whom I gave a Milk Bone to... She's got some tongue action there! 
                                                                                                                                                                          
Headed home. Dinner was reruns. Had a snuggy fire and watched TV.

Today is two celebrations.... my friends Ann and Gabe are celebrating their 21st anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY kids!
 



I don't have any pictures of them together... so here is Ann with Mali and Gabe working on a project. Some of you LASD folks may recognize them..... <g>

 
And through my traveling friend, Joan, I have met via email her cousin Mike. Today is Mike's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! Today is the big 8-O for Mike. He and his wife Nan just recently took the whole family on a cruise to celebrate. Thanks for sharing them Mike. One of these days Nan and I are going to have to do a "martini day"!


Historically this date....
1883American Old West: Self-described "Black Bart the poet" gets away with his last stagecoach robbery, but leaves a clue that eventually leads to his capture.
1913 – The United States introduces an income tax.
 
And births this date include...
1921Charles Bronson, American actor (d. 2003)

1933Ken Berry, American actor


1952Roseanne Barr, American actress and comedian
..wonder why "comedians" named Roseanne or Rosie are such vulgar pieces of work?

She is now an "organic macadamia nut farmer" in Hawaii. More like an "organic nut" herself!

1953Kate Capshaw, American actress
(Now guys and gals ... in particular Joe, Jeannie, Bill, Bob, Dale, Dee, Candy .... doesn't this picture make her look like Joe's bride Joann? !!)

1957Dolph Lundgren, Swedish actor


Ok, all I know. Haircut day. Happy Thursday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bob
November 3rd.
National Sandwich Day
(This is gonna make you drool......)



 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Kate Capshaw's picture does look like Joann! Very pretty, I may add.
Chaka does love her food, and yes, she does have quite a tongue! "Rusty" is such a handome dog too. Have a happy hair day! xoxo
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Thank you BFF!! Yes, Dusty is a love and that Chaka is one of my most favorite pooches in the world! We should just post the picture of Kate and say it's our friend JoJo~!

Anonymous said...

Sue,

LOVE that pic of Dusty! What a sweetheart. So patient and waiting for his "dad" to return.

Boy oh boy those former cops in their 90's sure look good for their age! My cop hubby looks young for his age too. He can't BELIEVE how old he will be in April! I can't either! I will be officially married to an old man! :)

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Oh, T, John is not old. Look at all he does.

Anonymous said...

Yep.. Kate Capshaw and Joann do look very much alike... Dee

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to talk with the old-timer.........he might have known my dad.............my dad would be 91 if he were still alive.............Steve Geon

Lydia said...

Good heavens! That is the NEATEST workbench I've ever seen. I would show my husband with a big "HINT HINT" smile, but I suspect I would learn that tools can fly):-

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, I am far far from it, but I do have some friends who are obsessive compulsive about neatness and cleaning!