Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trip to ER ~ Bunnies and Cherries






Good 48º morning. The pressure is dropping right now but rain not predicted until late tonight or tomorrow. Nothing on the radar or satellite. The pollen count is 4 out of 12.





A few wispy clouds here this am....
















Last night the sunset was again, pretty....





 
 
 


It's darker earlier and earlier.. these taken just before 7pm.

 
 
 

Thursday I tweaked my back moving a heavy object I had no business doing. My back hurt, but not that bad. When I woke up yesterday I was in excruciating pain. I could barely get out of bed and walking was a real chore. I called the spine clinic where the neurologist was who operated on my back. They would get me in, but had to find my chart (2 years since surgery), evaluate what I told the nurse, and assign a doctor (my doc has since gone to the teaching hospital at the University in Portland). I waited a bit and then decided I needed help NOW. Called PJ and she came right up. All I could do to get into underwear and a shirt. I still had on my pajama bottoms. Off to the ER we went. PJ laughed, here I am ... no makeup and pajama bottoms. She said I could go to Wal-Mart and fit right in!




We were at the ER for a total of 5½ hours! 2½ waiting in the lobby and 2 hours I was in with the doc and nurses. Got two pain shots, x-rays. Said the surgical spot was not compromised, no breaks or pinched nerves, just swollen muscles. Yeah! Came home, got prescriptions filled, and sat in my chair with an ice pack on my back. Soooooooo much better today.





I did get some nice 'jewelry' at the hospital.....



 
 
 
To top all of this off yesterday we were supposed to celebrate Tucker's birthday at Tap Rock. Brian said since "Bobo" was in the ER they decided to reschedule.






Then another bummer is that the Harvest Fair, Antique Show, and wine tasting at Harry and David's is this weekend! Dang. Three of my favorite things.




Ok, that's enough about me! Historically this date....


2005Hurricane Rita makes landfall in the United States, devastating Beaumont, Texas and portions of southwestern Louisiana.

2008 – The Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago is topped off at 1,389 feet (423 m), at the time becoming the world's highest residence above ground-level.


And births this date include....
1896F. Scott Fitzgerald, American novelist (d. 1940)


1924 – Sheila MacRae, singer & actress
 


1930 – John W. Young, American astronaut


1936Jim Henson, American puppeteer (d. 1990)


1941Linda McCartney, American singer and photographer (d. 1998)


....and today is the birthday of my friend Jan Esquivel ..

Jan is the hardworking wife and backup for our state Representative Sal Esquivel, R-Medford District 6.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!


All I know. Will be a quiet day. Happy Saturday everyone!
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
September 24th
International Rabbit Day


National Cherries Jubilee Day

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Sisterfriend!!! Just read your post (as I do every morning) ;-) and just thought I would drop you a note....DON'T LIFT OR MOVE THINGS THAT ARE TOO HEAVY!!!! Hope you are feeling better as each day goes by. Rest is the key, you do too much sometimes. ;-0 Feel better my friend, and take it teeeeeesssssy!!!! Love you!! ;-) Smooches!!

Lydia said...

Get well!

Please find a hunk to help out with moving heavy objects like beds. How you move the bed is your own business):-

I think we must have had the longest full-moon run in history with the number of calamities packed in a week.

Hugs

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Bren. Yes, I'm a dummy for doing that!!! xoxoxoxo

Oregon Sue said...

A "hunk"???? Oh, sure.
xo

Anonymous said...

What a way to spend the day. At least you got a chance to get some new plastic "bling" bracelets for the collection. Im doing my best not to collect any more.


Hang in there. Heal up fast. Nick

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Nick!!!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sue, so sorry to read about your horrendous back pain and ER “visit”! I’d keep taking the natural Arnica tablets—that should help your muscle pain. Sending you healing thoughts!

Love,

Laura

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks dear niece! Yes, I will be taking the Arnica and thank you for introducing me to them!!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue, so sorry for your pain. Back pain is one of the worse things, that and a tooth ache! :(
Don't you just hate the long wait in the ER? We have a joke we say when going to the ER. Wear your "Border Patrol" cap and the place will clear out in no time! :):)

Lots of rest and meds. Sorry you are missing some great events this weekend! Bummer!

Sending HUGS!!
XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

Sue, After a couple of episodes with pushing and/or lifting what I should not, I simply had to admit my biological age limits some things. Vereeee frustrating! My niece, my Sis and you have all had surgery and I decided I would try to avoid it. A gimpy back is the pits. I'm so glad you didn't damage yours. Sending good thoughts and hugs to you. Missing favorite things will help you remember to be careful. XO Edda

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks T. The pain meds I found out are narcotic...made from opium poppy. Not good. Makes me sick, so tossed them and will stick to Ibuprofen or Arnica Montana ... made from wolfsbane... and work really well. Get them at Rite Aid ... made by Hylands. xo

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, E, you are right. I will remember next time!!! ox