Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 ~ Senior Texting ~ Old Couch Out ~ Nest in motor?



 
 
 
 
Good 53º morning. Was 100º here yesterday, and even hotter on the coast ... again. Weird. We're in a cooling trend, so today shouldn't be as hot and the heat index will decline over then next few days. Yeah!

 

Today is a day of remembrance. We all know what we were doing and where we were when this tragedy struck. I for one, cannot relive it. I am not turning on the TV. I refuse to watch that idiot in the White House talk about it. I don't want to see the pictures again and again. It was heartbreaking and still is to this day.

I put together an album of 72 photos 6 months after 9-11 on Webshots. If you click on this link:
you will open my Albums. Click on the first one "We shall never forget" and when it opens, click on the first photo. To the top right it will say "next" and you can go through them .. also it says "full size" so you can make each one larger. God Bless the families of those lost on that day. God Bless the heroes who responded. God Bless America and keep her safe.


Ok, just for you folks my age, here are the new texting codes for seniors...

Senior Texting Codes (STC)
I thought the following listing was appropriate... after all, the kids have all their little codes...like BFF (best friends forever), LOL (laugh out loud), OMG (Oh my God) etc.
ATD - At the Doctor's
BTW - Bring the Wheelchair
BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
DWI - Driving While Incontinent
FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA - Got Heartburn Again
HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL - Living on Lipitor
SDTM – Shout Dirty To Me
OMMR - On My Massage Recliner
OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas
ROFL,CGU - Rolling on the Floor Laughing...Can't get Up!
TTYL - Talk to You Louder
WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again
WTP - Where's the Prunes
WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil
GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!


Historically this date...
1609 – Henry Hudson discovers Manhattan Island and the indigenous people living there.
............ interesting the Sept 11th attacks took place on this date also.

1941 – Ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon.
........... and yet another incident coinciding with this date!

1985Pete Rose breaks Ty Cobb's baseball record for most career hits with his 4,192nd hit

2001 – The September 11 attacks take place in the United States. Airplane hijackings result in the collapse of the World Trade Center in New York City, damage to The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and the crashing of a passenger airliner near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.


And births this date include....
1923 – Betsy Drake, French born actress

......once married to Cary Grant!




1928 – Earl Holliman, American actor

 
 

1937 – Robert Crippen, American astronaut

 
 
 

1962 – Kristy McNichol, American actress

 
 

1967 – Harry Connick, Jr., American singer


 
 
 

Sad note, Cliff Robertson celebrated his 88th birthday on the 9th of Sept, and died of natural causes yesterday.


Here is a site that lists all of the Medal of Valor Award recipients for the LA Co Sheriff's Dept... and their stories. Interesting.

 
 
 
 
 
 



Yesterday morning Brian, Christian (friend and helper) and Tucker showed up to get the couch for their new house. I will now shop for a new one. This one was hardly used, but I was never happy with it and Brian and Tucker are happy because each end reclines!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now I have an empty space to fill...
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then Maggie and I took the lawn tractor down to Dave. I towed it with the golf cart:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
One of Maggie's favorite things to do is ride in the golf cart!




I showed Dave the mess inside the engine compartment... a mouse no doubt, has set up residence under the battery in there...
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dave laughed. Last year when he blew out all the grass etc and sharpened the blades and got it ready for the Spring, there was a mouse nest in it back then. Strange place for a nest....


Dinner was reruns. Had a good chat with Patty. No fish are being caught over at the coast. Found out that when I talked to Linda night before and their electricity went out, it was a short at the extended care facility across the street from them that blew a transformer. And Jeannie's friend Sherrie and her husband showed up at 7 Feathers to help her celebrate her birthday. Everyone doing fine. Poured a wine and watched TV. Went to bed early and Harley let me sleep in til 6:05am!


Will head over to Brian and Jen's new house later and help with unloading from their storage. Can't wait to see their new digs!

Bout it. All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
September 11th
Patriot Day

In the United States, Patriot Day occurs on September 11 of each year, designated in memory of the 2,977 killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks. Most Americans who were alive during the events refer to the day as "Nine-Eleven (9/11)", "September Eleventh", or some variation thereof. Initially, the day was called the Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.
U.S. House of Representatives Joint Resolution 71 was approved by a vote of 407–0 on October 25, 2001. It requested that the President designate September 11 of each year as "Patriot Day". President George W. Bush signed the resolution into law on December 18, 2001 (as Public Law 107-89[1]). It is a discretionary day of remembrance. On September 4, 2002, President Bush used his authority created by the resolution and proclaimed September 11, 2002 as Patriot Day.









On this day, the President directs that the American flag be flown at half-staff at individual American homes, at the White House, and on all U.S. government buildings and establishments, home and abroad. The President also asks Americans to observe a moment of silence beginning at 8:46 A.M. (Eastern Daylight Time), the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Blessings to Cliff'f family.

Reclining sofa's are such a guy thing. Glad yours is headed to where It will be better loved. We should not live with anything we don't like. The karma gets in the way of appreciateing that which we do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sue..I love your Blog...I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it!
Also, I love how Maggie pops into it a lot...such a sweet face!

Big Hugs,
Laura
PS..I was watching the 9/11 Remembrance this morning and had to turn it off...I was getting too choked up! I will never forget such a sad day in our American History...and I will always remember how our Great Nation came together to help! I am grateful that our Nation was Lead by a wonderful Godly man...George W. Bush! I will never forget the look on his face when he was told about what was happening and how he handled it! We so need a leader like him back in the Office of Presidency!
Laura

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, Laura, you are absolutely right about President Bush. I miss him so. And thank you for the compliments. Means a lot. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it's been ten years. I STILL AM PISSED OFF. It changed our lives so radically. We miss George too. I'm so grateful he was the president at that time...P.J.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I won't be turning on the TV either. I'm not a professional
mourner. I can't stand to see makeshift roadside shrines, or hearing
that Mickey Mouse died on this day 71 years ago. It's over and it can't
be changed. We just have to keep a vigil for the future instead.
Ann

Oregon Sue said...

@ PJ, you are right. I'm pissed too. xo

Anonymous said...

Dick and I witnessed a lot of the memorial presentations yesterday. Sad. The first responders and those of the flight they took down in PA are true heros. 911 is like the day Kennedy was shot. You never forget where you were and what you were doing.

Have fun shopping for a new sofa.

Sarah signing off...