Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jeannie's "Looks Like Pizza" hors d'oeuvres ~ Bad Poetry







Good 45º morning. Clear. 71% humid.
Gonna be another warm one. Coffee in hand,
this morning it's sea salt caramel. Mmmmm..



Ok, you may need something like the following to
start your day off right with laughs and smiles.
I was laughing so hard and out loud, Maggie
woke up and looked at me with the "what in
the world is so danged funny?" look....



Yesterday was laundry and puttering.... blew leaves off porch, went through stuff on my desk, cleaned the shelves next to my desk. Excitin' stuff! Dave and PJ came up and we got the smoker out of the barn and put the bike trailer back in the barn. The smoker is on the back porch now and it needs a good cleaning. Then I will smoke the peanuts. Need to pick up some mesquite chips today.



Then Dave started digging the hole for my new telescoping flag pole while PJ and I sat on the porch with a glass of wine! I lost the installation directions but the flag pole store guy said they were on his website. Copied those off. Need to pick up a bag quick concrete.


Here's Jeannie's recipe for the "looks like pizza"
hors d'oeuvres ..

This is easy and sooooooooooooo good!



1 12 oz. can Pillsbury Golden Layer biscuits
2 tsps cornmeal
1 8 oz. refrigerated spinach dip (I used the one in
the chip isle in the jar), or whatever flavor you like
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
4 green onions

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Separate dough into
10 biscuits, separate each into 3 layers (tricky part).
Arrange biscuit rounds on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
Sprinkle rounds with cornmeal.

2. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
switching position of cookie sheets halfway
through baking. Remove from cookie sheets;
place on cooling
rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.

3. Spread each baked biscuit round with
1 1/2 teaspoons spinach dip or whatever flavor
you enjoy. Sprinkle each evenly with carrots,
bell pepper and onions. Cover, Refrigerate at
least 1 hour or until serving time.



August 18 is the 230th day of the year
(231st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 135 days remaining until the end of
the year.
Historically this date...
1587Virginia Dare, granddaughter of
becomes the first English child born in the Americas.
1920 – The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage.



And births this date include....
1904Max Factor, Polish-born cosmetics entrepreneur
(d. 1996)
1920 – Shelley Winters, American actress (d. 2006)
Innocent looking beeotch!

1936Robert Redford, American actor
OMG.... ugleeeeee....

1952 – Patrick Swayze, American actor (d. 2009)
Sad.

1957 – Denis Leary, American comedian and actor

1958Madeleine Stowe, American actress


Ok, all I know. My little granddaughter Sami
will be performing with her tumbling class at
the fairgrounds tonight. I'll be over there,
camera in hand! Happy Thursday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
August 18th
Bad Poetry Day

Ahem.... by me....

As I get older,
It's me myself and I.
Life's too short,
to worry as it slips by.
I do what pleases me.
To heck with subtlety.
The choice might be wine or tea,
But in the end it's up to me.



Ba dump dum dum...
(stolen drum sounds from Joe Kirk!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your page was just fine!! The laughing baby is just too cute!
Tally

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Tally! Yes, I'm still chuckling thinking about that little baby girl. Such fun. xo

Lydia said...

GOOOOOOOO Sami.

RIP Patrick Swayzee. You were a comet while you were here.