Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Asian Chicken Wrap ~ Watermelon Martini


Good 47º morning. Ahhhh, great sleeping in the cool air last night! And, slept in til almost 7. YEAH!
 
Yesterday was another one of those over the top exciting days. Yawn......
I woke too early (4am) and got the blog done and all my bills paid, checks and on line, by 8am. Then I decided to "clean". I shredded stuff, and threw out stuff and filled two huge bags. Yeah. So much better with less "stuff". I also worked in the kitchen on the Asian/hoisin/sesame sauce.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Still haven't got it the way I like it ... oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, salt, pepper, garlic .... Good, but not "it".
 
PJ wanted me to go with her to the shop where Dave's truck is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(the green one, no tailgate) Dave still in Spokane and this guy is jerking him around via telephone. Business dispute here. The guy sounds like an idiot who owns the place. Fortunately for 'him' he wasn't there. PJ and I came home. She wanted me as a witness to what he was going to say. Darn.
 
 
On the way back here I got some pictures of this fence these dirt bags are putting up on our road. So lovely....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My driveway and PJ's are way down there past that car....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then Jeannie called and we chatted. Laughed a lot. She had an interesting day. As hot as it was I told her to go sit in the little pool with her glass of wine. She said Chaka would not permit her to sit in her pool!!! Come on Chaka, share with your mom!
 
 
I saw Mr. Coyote in the pasture.
 

 
 
I hollered at him and he turned around....
 

 
Poor baby, he/she looks bedraggled and hot and hungry. Wish I could help.
 
 
 
PJ had to go see a woman about pet-sitting her cats and then Maggie and I were going to the trash can to dump my "stuff" and get mail and stop at PJ's for a toddy. Well, PJ ended up not being home. Dave wanted her to get a tow truck and get the pickup out of the mechanics lot. The plot thickens...
 
 
 
So, we came home and I fixed a martini, watched the news, and then made a DELISH dinner.... I copied Costco's Asian Rotisserie Chicken Wrap.... : Spinach wrap spread with Lay's Heavenly Potato Dip (this is my idea), shredded crockpot chicken, broccoli slaw, crunchy chow mien noodles, and some of my hoisin/sesame dipping sauce. OUTSTANDING!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today is the 215th day of the year, with only 150 to go.
 
 
Historically this date...
8Roman Empire general Tiberius defeats Dalmatians on the river Bathinus.
   Funny... I always thought those Dalmations were fire dogs, not fighters!
 
 
 
 
 
 
1783Mount Asama erupts in Japan, killing 35,000 people.
   Yikes!
1923Calvin Coolidge is sworn in as the 30th President of the United States in the early morning following the death of Warren G. Harding the previous day.
1934Adolf Hitler becomes the supreme leader of Germany by joining the offices of President and Chancellor into Führer.
1936Jesse Owens wins the 100 meter dash, defeating Ralph Metcalfe, at the Berlin Olympics.
1958 – The nuclear submarine USS Nautilus travels beneath the Arctic ice cap.
  OMG, claustrophobia comes to mind.
 
 
 
And births this date include...... 
1905Dolores del Río, Mexican actress (d. 1983)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1921Marilyn Maxwell, American actress (d. 1972)
 
 
 
 
 
 (No relation. Darn)
 
 
 
 
1926Tony Bennett, American singer
 
 
 
1951 – Jay North, American actor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1977Tom Brady, American football player
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Tommy boy! We need to talk about you getting a hair cut! 
 
 
 
That's ok, I still love ya!!!!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. LE/Fire lunch today. Then... playtime....
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
August 3rd.
National Watermelon Day
 
 
 
Sue's Watermelon Martini...
Puree about 3 cups of seedless watermelon. Strain through sieve, taking out pulp. Add 1 ½ oz vodka to the juice, 1 oz simple syrup*, a squeeze of lime, shake with ice, strain, and pour into martini glass. Use watermelon slice for garnish. Mmmm mmmm mmm!
 
 
 *Bring to boil ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar. Stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that gosh aweful "fence" has got to go. They're ruining the view. Can't you complain to the city?

O

Oregon Sue said...

Ya know, I just don't care. They are Oregonads. Pure and simple.