Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Artoff Plumbing ~ Doe and Fawn ~ Seafood Salad ~


    
 
Good 51º cloudy morning. Cloudy? Come on... Last night around 7pm, the sky had some really strange looking clouds... pancakes and lacy edges....
 
 
 
This morning is another cloud feast....
 
 
So, the danged sink was finally fixed by Big Mike. YEAH! He is a local plumber... Artoff Plumbing....  Good guy, nice family. Website is http://www.artoffplumbing.com/ Give them your business if you are here in the Rogue Valley. Honest and does a good job!
 
Yesterday Patty sent me the following two pictures of the little doe and her 2 day old fawn....
 

 
Just tooooo precious!!!!!
 
 
I had to laugh (cry) at the gas prices... same as my license plate... 417.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Had a terrible time with blogspot yesterday. It wouldn't let me download pictures to my blog. If I used the "edit html" I could place pictures on it, but that is a pain in the buttinski! I'm not good at reading html. Grrrrrrrr... So, shut the whole darned thing down and waited until later. I did however, put in my two cents on the forum and me along with the complaints of over 80 people got the danged thing fixed.
 
 
I still have an old computer sitting here and finally decided to take some of the stuff off of it and put it on an external drive. Will see if someone wants this computer.
 
 
Have you realized that pilgrimages have already started to Bin Laden's gravesite....
 
Historically this date....
1868Christopher Latham Sholes receives a patent for the Typewriter.
1917 – In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for punching the umpire.
PUNCHING the umpire??????
 
 
Here is one of my favorite recipes. Jerry loved it too and asked for it often. It came from the Frugal Gourmet TV Show in 1993.
 
 
 
 
 
Read his story. Weird. Didn't know this stuff about Jeff Smith.
 
 
 
Seafood Salad....
2 cups mayonnaise (Best Foods, of course!)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup olive oil (use extra virgin for the spectacular taste)
2 T. lemon juice
pepper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 cups shrimp
1-2 cups scallops
2 cups fake crab (or fresh squid)
Quickly sauté in butter or olive oil... and cool.
2# muscles - steamed and cooled
chopped sweet onion
grated carrot
chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
Mix all together. Refrigerate several hours.
You could add some type of small pasta to this dish also.
 
 
And births this date include....
1929June Carter Cash, American singer (d. 2003)
 
 
 
 
 
1957Frances McDormand, American actress
 
 
 
She was great in Fargo!
 
 
.... and my friend Janie Alden, leather crafter extrodinaire!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!
To see some of Janie's handy work :  http://www.r6leather.com/photos.htm
 
 
Last night was high excitement. Caught up on Tivo'd shows, chatted with a couple of BFF's on the phone. Jeannie is packing for a trip and then company soon as they return home. Candy getting ready for company. And, Aaron and Marie due back here any minute on their way back home. Also some former LASD folks are going to be passing through Friday, Chickee & Norm, and will stop. Patty said she had scared the little fawn yesterday and it got up and ran away. Momma was not around at the time. Then later she saw 'mom' and baby together. Yeah! Tread softly around thy yard Patricia!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
June 23rd
National Pink Day
  

 
 
Have fun with it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking out the Helms Bakeries history and it leaves alot to be desired. Huell Howser has covered the Helms trucks on Ca. Gold, but there's waaaay more to it than that. Mom was doing PR for them when Paul Helms, Sr. the founder passed away in the late sixties and Jr. sold out to the unions based in Chi-town, took the $$$ and ran. Didn't give a crappola what happened to the memorabilia involved or anything else. The reason their bread was allowed to carry the Olympic label was they were chosen as a purveyor to the 30's Olympics held in LA for which the coliseum was built. Their bread also landed on the moon all those years later. Quite a story.

See, Sue, your picture of that truck yesterday certainly brought out the geek in me. :)
Edda

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks E, always fun to hear more history about the things and places from my childhood! xo

Lydia said...

Yeah, I missed Jeff Smith's show when it went off the yards. True or not, it was a sad ending. I still have a couple of his cookbooks. They were accessible and stretched what I tried in the kitchen.
Frances McDermond elevates every project she's in.
Do us a favor- can you get 222 on your license plate. That would be a very good price for gas):-

Anonymous said...

Sue,

I am in total shock! I think this is the first time Edda has finally posted on your blog! She had already sent us that comment in an email so I am surprised!
OMG that little fawn is the most precious thing! Why are all babies so dang cute?

Didn't Frances McDormand win an Oscar for her role in Fargo? It was an amazing acting job she did.

Have a good one!
Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Sure L, how about 150! I remember when gas was .39 cents a gallon and then it jumped to .59 cents a gallon. I know, I'm old. But back then tomatoes were .60 cents a pound too. Ah well, movin' west....

Oregon Sue said...

T, I copied and pasted E's comments to the blog because I thought it interesting. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog today. From yesterday's Dick and I remember the Helms truck and the pull out drawers. My mother, grandmother, and I had a real milkman back then. Left the glass bottles on the service porch. I ran out of pain meds and saw a very quacky doctor ... now, I can't get into Eisenhower Medical until Monday, so I'm not sleeping ... now in zombie state! Sarah dozing off

Anonymous said...

Sue,
What a hoot!!! I thought that was strange! I don't think she's figured out how to post on here yet.
I forgot to ask, was that a joke with the Muslim men wearing diving gear? One never knows with them! LOL
I too remember when gas WENT UP to .39 a gallon. The Shell station in Brea that I went to stopped giving Green Stamps because they said they were going to stop them so they could keep their gas prices low. Yea right!!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

TRISHA! Yes, that was a joke, they were going to Bin Laden's gravesite!!! Come on girlie! xooxxo

Oregon Sue said...

I hope you are better soon Sarah!