Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

~ Broccoli Slaw/'Shrooms/Egg ~ Summer Jo's ~ Harley ~



 
Good 32º sunny with some clouds morning. It was 27º when I got up.
 
Yesterday started out looking like this....

 
Predictions was 80% chance rain. I made breakfast... sauteéd fresh mushrooms with broccoli slaw then added scrambled egg and some baked chicken pieces. Really good.

 
A little after 11 I left for Grants Pass. Rain drops started then. Met up with Brian, Jen, Tucker, Sami, and Jean at Summer Jo's for brunch.



And we ate in the "Hanky Room". Those are old hankerchiefs hanging from the rod and the curtains are held back with old silverward fashioned into hooks.


 
Jen and I had mimosas. Didn't take pictures, but I had Eggs Benny with crab. Good! We had a nice time and visit.


 
The restaurant had mini-corsages for us. I laughed because Jean and mine looked like broccoli! It was actually a green flower. I did some searching for "green flowers that look like broccoli" but came up with pictures of broccoli! Then I found this picture but it doesn't say what they are!
 
 After lunch Tucker headed to a birthday party and I drove up the road to friend's and while the Mister went off doing 'stuff' (so us girls could gab), the Mrs. and I sat and had wine looking out over their fantastic view. I had a very enjoyable time chatting and drinking! Their house is one of those.... awesome and beautiful and made for entertaining! I was pea green. They will get to come to my "shack" one of these days soon. It rained at times, hard, but when I got home nothing was wet here.
 
PJ came up and while I hung onto Harley, she trimmed his toe nails. Not an easy task holding onto a tornado! He was MAD! And screamed at us. But after it was over he was fine and rubbed on both of us. Now he doesn't "click" when he walks across the kitchen floor!
Thank you PJ!!!!
 
Historically this date...
1868 – The city of Reno, Nevada, is founded.
1937Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy took to the airwaves becoming an overnight radio sensation.
 
1955 – Sam and Friends debuts on a local United States television channel, marking the first television appearance of both Jim Henson and what would become Kermit the Frog and The Muppets.
 
1960 – The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle's Enovid, making Enovid the world's first approved oral contraceptive pill.
 
1980 – In Norco, California, five masked gunman hold up a Security Pacific bank, leading to a violent shoot-out and one of the largest pursuits in California history. Two of the gunmen and one police officer are killed and thirty-three police and civilian vehicles are destroyed in the chase.
 
 
And births this date include....
1936Albert Finney, British actor
 
 
 
1946Candice Bergen, American actress
 
 Interesting she was born on the anniversary of her father's radio debut!
 
 
1949Billy Joel, American musician
 
 
 
1962John Corbett, American actor
My Big Fat Greek Wedding, a fun movie!!!
 
 
Ok, all I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Pest Control guy coming today to see about ground squirrels and moles. Yeah. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
May 9th
Accountants Day or National Accounting Day
 
 

4 comments:

Lydia said...

My late brother in law was at the bank in Norco when the shoot out started.Oh, I wish I could ask him more about that date- but not nearly so much as my sister-in-law.

Candace Bergen is a standard of beauty. But heard an interview once where she stated she thought her features, while attractive, are boring. Silly woman.

I remember how sad I felt when Jim Henson passed away. He did the guy thing: he didn't go to the doctor. By the time he was convinced, it was too late. The infection was too involved.

Oregon Sue said...

I used to love Candice Bergen's show, can't remember the name... Oh yes.. Murphy Brown!!

Oregon Sue said...

My friend, from Wilson High School, Barbetta said she thinks the "broccoli flower" is Sedum. Possibly a variety called Gold Moss. Interesting. Will look for it at the nursery. Thanks Barb!

Anonymous said...

Belated Mother's Day greetings to you. I, too, love Candice Bergen ... "Murphy Brown" was her television show I so adored. Is that the one you are thinking about. The then Vice-Pres thought she was really an unwed mother, oh well. Not really. I have been working so hard on the lawsuit. Filed a motion and an answer to defendant's motion. Busy, busy. I will love finishing my paralegal courses. I have learned so much. My grandson Ron will serve the jerk various motions and answers tomorrow. Ron's a big guy and the jerk is a little Mexican guy. I told Ron I would approach him with him, but Ron said, does he know what you look like grandma? I said, yes, and he said, no, I'll go alone to the door. What a sweetheart. It's funny how you can raise two kids and one turns out so great and the other???? Anyway, I took care of Ron a lot from birth until 3 and completely after 6. The move is Wednesday and Thursday. It looks like a small patio has been pourced in the backyard from the kitchenette and master bedroom sliding glass door areas. I am thinking about putting up a clothes line until the propane tank is completely installed.