Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

~ Sunset ~ Geese ~ Eagles ~ GO Army! ~




 
Good 38º cloudy morning. No rain yesterday. Beautiful day.
By 7pm we even got a pretty sunset and clear clear sky..
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had this dream. Weird weird weird.... My friend Ruth was living next door to me. I was living in my parents house. Ruth had a large family with lots of her grand kids running around and her sons and daughters there. She was out in the backyard, everyone playing catch, Ruth was in her bathrobe. It was a pink one, Ruth! I had a gorilla. ? I went out to check on him and he was laying on the pool cover and not moving. He was dead. I was crushed and cried and cried. Then an LA Co Sheriff's radio car, Lost Hills on the door, came through the back alley and through Ruth's yard and out to the street in pursuit of someone. I watched as he jumped in front of cars at the intersection and sped off. Amazed me no cars collided! Then I went back to crying over my dead gorilla. WHERE did that come from???? Glad I woke up, I was tired from all that upset over the gorilla.
 
 
 
"My geese" flew in, noisily, announcing their arrival.... the turkeys were curious and Mr. Goose told them in no uncertain terms, back off!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The female is on the right and the male on the left. He turned and hissed at the turkeys several times.
 
 
 
Historically this date.....
1808John Jacob Astor incorporates the American Fur Company, eventually leading him to become America's first Millionaire.
1896 – In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games is celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I.
1970Newhall Incident: Four California Highway Patrol officers are killed.
  ...sadly these men died at the hands of adam henrys, but training for all law enforcement increased and became better after this incident.
 
 
 
And births this date include...
1929 – André Previn, German-born composer and conductor
 
 
 
1937Merle Haggard, American musician
 
 
 
1952 – Marilu Henner, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The momma eagle was adjusting her brood and nest
this morning....


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All I know. Happy Wednesday. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
April 6th in 1942 was proclaimed
Army Day
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, it is good to read your blogs again. Dick and I are looking for a new house to rent. Down to two choices: one in San Bernardino (built in the 1960s) and one in Whitewater (outside Cabazon) built in 2005 which is larger and has a lower rent. One drawback is the Whitewater house has a propane tank for fuel. We are trying to find out how much it costs to fill a propane tank. Dick suggested I call Hank Hill, LOL. The landlord here wants more rent and won't landscape the backyard (it's been in terrible shape since we moved in.) It was a sad day when I heard Obama threw his hat in for the 2012 election.

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, propane is very expen$ive. My son, Aaron, delivers it. Who is Hank Hill? Call Amerigas or one of the local propane delivery companies. Ditto about BO!

Anonymous said...

LOL Sue,
I always go back to the day before on your blog to see the comments. I am laughing at what your friend wrote above! Hank Hill!! That's too funny! Hank Hill is an "adult" cartoon character from the series "King of the Hill". He sells propane for a living. His wife and neighbors are hilarious. Google him.

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks, T. I will!