Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Haircut ~ Agate Thingy !~ Sourdough Bread










Good 63º partially cloudy very late afternoon.
Late start today.






































Pretty morning. Pressure is dropping and there is rumor
of rainfall later today or/and tomorrow. Swell. And I
didn't even wash my car!

I remember on April 1st I would always ruin my mother's first cup of coffee by substituting the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt. She never got mad. It was just an "April Fools" joke. Then on April 1st 1982 Jerry's brother Ron called to say their dad had died. Jerry said, "April Fools.... right?" Sadly, no. Sigh.....

Yesterday I had my hair cut .... SHORT! Yeah.











Then... I went to Jean's... my daughter-in-"love"s mom. (Stole the "love" part from my pal Judy who calls her daughter's husband, her "son-in-love") I had a question on my taxes and Jean is our resident expert. Thanks of the help Jean. Then it was to Hallmark for some cards and wrapping paper. Then to Albertson's. I had a coupon for Free Philly Cream Cheese Cooking Sauce...
Also had a coupon for $1.50 off and at the point of sale they had coupons for $1.50 off also. So I got three flavors... Italian and Herbs, Garlic, and Original all for $2.98 which would have cost me $8.97 @ $2.99 each regularly. Such a deal. Now to cook something with them....

I came home and got Maggie and we took a bottle of chard down to PJ and Dave's. It was a chat-fest about their two months gone to Quartzsite. Dave got lots of gold nuggets and PJ just enjoyed the warm dry weather. Dave took a class in Quartzsite on how to cut and polish rock. He said he was the "hit of the class" with his 'item' he made from layered agate. He cut and polished it and gave it to me as a gift. Awwwwww....










I about fell off the stool. It's 6 1/2" tall and if you turn it over the bottom is heart shaped. Dave, you are a nut!!! And I love ya!!!!

PJ brought me a "phone purse" with a frog on it. I love frogs. It's darling and also she gave me a polished agate snail....









It was a good day. Frank and his son Josh, super neat people!, came over and fixed my gate so it now opens and closes like it's supposed to. THANK YOU FRANK AND JOSH! 

Historically this date...
April 1 is the 91st day of the year (92nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 274 days remaining until the end of the year. April 1 is most notable in the Western world for being April Fools' Day.
1891 – The Wrigley Company is founded in Chicago, Illinois.
1893 – The rank of Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy is established.
1924Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the "Beer Hall Putsch". However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
1970 – President Richard Nixon signs the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, requiring the Surgeon General's warnings on tobacco products and banning cigarette advertisements on television and radio in the United States, starting on January 1, 1971.
2001 – Same-sex marriage becomes legal in the Netherlands, the first country to allow it.

And births this date include...
1929 – Jane Powell, American dancer, actress, and singer



1932 – Debbie Reynolds, American actress



1939Ali MacGraw, American actress



1961Susan Boyle, Scottish singer and Britain's Got Talent contestant







So, as for today, that's all I know. More tomorrow. Early. Ciao.

xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
April 1st
National Sourdough Bread Day
My very most favorite comes from Boudin's Bakery in San Francisco.












But...... I have to say that Ashland Sourdough from
Apple Cellar Bakery in Ashland Oregon is AWESOME!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Phone Purse!!! So cute. Gary has one of those thingies that Dave Made.. lol.

Sad April Fool's story... Sorry. Love ya- T and G

Anonymous said...

Sue,

What great gifts they brought for you! I was sitting here laguhing out loud at your gift from Dave! What a HOOT!! It looks like a "fertility" symbol! lol

OMG Jane Powell is still living?? I didn't know!

I think there are some very pretty pictures out there now of Susan Boyle. I think the ones you posted are of the old Susan. Talk about a great makeover! They really did a good job on her! Love the CD I have of hers.
I must say that Debbie Reynolds still looks good!

Glad your gate is now fixed. What great friends you have up there!
LOVE that sourdough bread!!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

"Great friends" is an understatement.They are reall wonderful and I am Blessed!

Yes, Jane Powell ... amazing. ox

Lydia said...

Are you expected to give that agate thingy a spit shine???

LOVE sourdough.

Oregon Sue said...

OHHHHHHHH L, that made me gag. xo

Oregon Sue said...

Tam, Gary has one of those thingys???? LOL...... I would think he would. Or... are you referring to an agate one???????????