Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Turkey Fornication ! ~ National Waffle Association ~








Good 34º raining morning.
Looks like we've gotten 1/2"
since yesterday.
At 3:pm yesterday....
just over 1/4".









This morning....









Rains started in hard for awhile then tapered off and there was snow on the top of my mountain for a short time.


















I looked out when it was raining pretty good and all the turkeys were just standing in it... except for the only smart one in the bunch, a hen....

















Later I looked out in the back and OMG... fornicating turkeys! Not having been around fowl very much, except in passing, I had never realized how they mate. I was so blown away at this Tom standing on the back of the hen.....

















He just kept standing there and sort of
"marching in place"....
until she lifted her tail and then..
















When he was 'done' he walked away
and the poor hen looked as though she'd
been through he** !


















He, of course, puffed all up showing off
as she snuck away....















Then one of his buddies showed up
to help him gloat! LOL




















I have to say, Mother Nature sometimes blows my mind!


This morning I can see through the clouds my mountain is
covered with snow...
....and my daffodils are blooming...
















Historically this date...
Lots of stuff happened, but nothing that flipped
my skirt enough to share!

And births this date include...
1911Jack Ruby, killer of Lee Harvey Oswald (d. 1967)








1918Howard Cosell, American sports reporter (d. 1995)







1921 – Simone Signoret, French actress (d. 1985)


1928Jim Lovell, American astronaut









1938Hoyt Axton, American country music singer-songwriter (d. 1999)








1940Anita Bryant, American singer


1942Aretha Franklin, American singer
 (nice hat)






1943Paul Michael Glaser, American actor




1965Sarah Jessica Parker, American actress







Maggie only ate a little of the chicken I gave her
yesterday, so this morning I tried scrambled
eggs with a little bacon. She ate most of it. Yeah!

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao. Happy Friday!!!
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
March 25th
National Waffle Day










Celebrates the patenting of the waffle iron by
Cornelius Swarthout of Troy,
New York on August 24, 1869.









This cracked me up!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey Fornication? Too too FUNNY Sue! Years ago when my daughter had just started dating
I was cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving and had the neck of the turkey with other parts in a sauce
pan boiling it. My Daughter, Melanie, walked by and noticed the neck in the pan and asked me
"Mom what in the heck is that in the pan" and I proceeded to tell her it was the Turkey's penis and
needless to say we still laugh about it today. . .but it did keep her a virgin for a long long time . . .
Have a BLESSED Day,


Linda

Lydia said...

Good morning. Hope the wildlife attorneys don't show up at your place with a warrant for turkey invasion of privacy):-

I'm going to say a prayer that Mags tummy can tolerate the smoked meats.

Oregon Sue said...

Poor Melanie! LOL One time my Jerry was cooking beef tongue. Aaron came in and lifted the lid and said "How come you're cooking a tennis shoe?" Too funny. We didn't tell the kids what it was because they probably wouldn't have eaten it. As it was, they liked it. THEN we told them. xo

Anonymous said...

Wow... I have never seen turkey's mate. Not sure if she wanted it or not. ha ha.... Interesting... I have to say I really enjoy your daily drivel. I look forward every morning to read about your day and I love your recipes. Several I have tried. Thank you for sharing.

PattyR

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, turkey rape caught on tape—gobble gobble gook!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Yea, I'm late with comment today. Those pics of the turkeys were a hoot! Isn't it funny that the only intelligent one is a female?? LOL

Glad Maggs ate the egg and bacon. That was such a worry when we went thru it. Wonder why the vet can't give her something to pep up her appetite!!

Hugs, Trisha
p.s Oh yuk! I have never been able to bring myself to cook, much less eat tongue. Just looking at it in the market gives me the creeps.

Oregon Sue said...

You know, Trish, lingua is so tender and such lean beef, it's WONDERFUL. Really!!! If you didn't know what it was, you'd love it! xo